While lacking in features, the initial release of iOS 12 brought about a notable performance improvement on older iPhones and Apple ensured that the same level of performance and smoothness was available on subsequent releases as well.
There's also some new subscription services coming to the app with users in the United Kingdom getting access to StarzPlay and Smithsonian with Apple confirming more options will be coming over time.
The new app will also have a stronger focus on family-friendly content, and customers can enjoy a new, dedicated "Kids" section, highlighting editorially handpicked shows and movies for kids of all ages.
The update marks the first time a TV maker has integrated both of the Apple platforms, which provide ready access to Apple TV channels as well as iTunes movies and TV shows.
The new Apple TV app will be available on all 2019 Samsung Smart TVs and select 2018 models.
Other new features include the Apple TV app gaining the ability to find nearby devices that will support it, and a patch that fixes "an issue that could prevent Apple TV Remote from pausing video, controlling video, or changing volume on supported receivers".
It will also be possible to subscribe to Apple TV channels from within the app. Apple's original video subscription service, Apple TV+, will also be accessible from this app when it launches in the fall. Spotted by MacRumors, Apple Pay support is now available in iTunes, App Store, Apple Music, and iCloud. The TV app update adds the aforementioned Kids section at the top of the screen. Sadly we don't know when the Apple TV app will roll out on other devices.
Do you have any questions about Apple TV Channels? AirPlay 2 will enable users to play media content from their iPhone, iPad or Mac directly to their Samsung Smart TV. See this discussion in TidBITS Talk for more details.
Many of these updates may be the last ones before the firmware get the total overhaul with the iOS 13 on its way.
- Judge suppresses video of Patriots' Robert Kraft at spa
- Central England Co-op makes 'big brew' for mental health awareness
- Meghan Markle's Instagram Posted a Photo of Archie's Feet for Mother's Day
- Sri Lanka imposes curfew after anti-Muslim attacks kill one
- 'Star Wars' movie in 2022 will come from 'Game of Thrones' creators
- Plastic bag found at bottom of Mariana Trench - during the deepest dive
- Next James Bond Film Suspends Production Amidst Daniel Craig Injury
- HTC Exodus 1s is a $300 Smartphone Running a Full Bitcoin Node
- James Wan-Produced ‘Mortal Kombat’ to Shoot in Australia for New Line
- Giolito looks to stay hot as White Sox visit Blue Jays