Josh Jackson was arrested in Miami this past weekend and faces a felony charge of escape and a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest.
According to a report from Andy Slater, a Miami area sports reporter, Jackson was attending a music festival when he attempted to access a VIP area.
After cops handcuffed him, he ran away. Jackson sat on a nearby golf cart as instructed, but when Manzelli stepped away, Jackson stood up and began to walk away.
Lt. Carl Manzelli claims he told Jackson "multiple" times that he could not enter the VIP area, and asked the two-year National Basketball Association veteran to leave, the Arizona Republic reported. The California native was charged with one count of criminal damage to property, less than $1,000 after allegedly kicking the vehicle of a woman basketball player, who claimed Jackson threatened to "beat her ass". He is due back in court on June 10.
The team said in a statement it is "aware of the report and in the process of gathering more information".
The fourth-overall pick of the 2017 NBA Draft, Jackson has had an up-and-down NBA career. He averaged 11.5 points and 4.4 rebounds per game as the team once again struggled, going 19-63, which was the second-worst record in the league.
During his lone season at Kansas, he was charged with one count of criminal damage to property, less than $1,000 after he allegedly kicked the auto of a woman basketball player, who claimed he threatened to "beat her ass".
- California Couple Awarded $2 Billion in Roundup Trial
- CJ McCollum Drops Game 7 Franchise Record!
- SNL Mocks Senate Republicans for Not Being Anti-Trump in Cold Open
- Hollywood legend Doris Day dies at age 97
- Fatalities reported as planes collide in midair over Alaska
- Billy Donovan tops MI fans' wish list to replace John Beilein
- Apple revamps its TV app ahead of streaming service launch
- Shahid Kapoor nails his act in Kabir Singh's trailer
- Felicity Huffman Pleads Guilty to College Admissions Fraud
- EPL: Tottenham draw 2-2 with Everton to finish fourth