Bale became the most expensive player in the history of the game when he moved to Real Madrid for £90 million in 2013.
The Frenchman has flirted with Real Madrid for a while now, with Zinedine Zidane an admirer of his fellow French prodigy's qualities. He has been substituted three times and now left out completely three times too.
Zinedine Zidane's return to the Real Madrid bench has been instrumental in question marks being raised about numerous club's stalwarts who were pivotal in the club completing a historic hat-trick of Champions League wins under the French coach.
"It's clear what I've done this weekend", Zidane said.
But after Lopetegui and then Santiago Solari were sacked, Zidane's return has put Bale's future at the club in serious doubt.
"I am not sure that Mr Zidane wants him to stay but at the moment Gareth wants to stay".
Bale is under contract with Real until 2022 but his future at the Bernbeu looks bleak after frequent instances of fan dissent have seen him booed this season.
Asked about Barnett's comments, Zidane said: "Nothing, I do not want to answer".
Zidane was asked after the game if he had a message for Bale and the World Cup victor insisted his actions have spoken for him.
Former Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Jamie Redknapp has been discussing his thoughts on the 2018-19 season in the Daily Mail.
Fox Sports reports that Zidane believes the Gabonese worldwide would be a ideal signing for Real Madrid since the club doesn't want to spend up to 100 million euros to sign Bale's replacement at Santiago Bernabeu.
Daniel Levy is willing to explore the possibility of Tottenham re-signing Gareth Bale this summer but only for a bargain fee, Football Insider understands.
- Dow set for 300+ point drop as China-US tensions rise
- Apple revamps its TV app ahead of streaming service launch
- China Is Raising Tariffs on $60 Billion of US Goods
- There Will Be No Major Camera Upgrade for Galaxy Note 10
- Supreme Court rules Apple will face antitrust suit for its iPhone apps
- Eden Hazard’s Real Madrid move to be confirmed after Europa League final
- Watch The Official Rage 2 Launch Trailer
- Empire Ending After Season 6, No Plans To Bring Jussie Smollett Back
- More tariff looms over US-China trade talks
- Rapper Kodak Black arrested, Lil Wayne refuses to perform at music festival