Liverpool gave its best effort but ultimately fell short.
"I don't know how long he's going to stay in England - I'm sure the other clubs will be hoping he leaves quite quickly - but if he stayed for another two or three years, then he could go on and win another two or three championships easily".
"To compete with this side, this team, we should do what we have done, so incredible, 198 points since we started two seasons ago here, and we finished here this season, made back-to-back - it has been an incredible season for us".
"It makes me so much more happy that we played such a great team all season".
City successfully defended their league title on Sunday, defeating Brighton 4-1 to finish one point ahead of Liverpool.
They won't set the record for the fewest points in a season, but they're one of the worst sides in the history of the Premier League, so hey, maybe you'll enjoy checking them out if you're into that sort of thing.
"Ninety-seven points wins every single league apart from last season so if we do that again we will keep knocking on the door and we won't be far off it".
Klopp and his backroom staff had two post-season scenarios in place before the stunning Champions League comeback against Barcelona and will allow players a five-day break following their usual recovery session yesterday. I think we are all going to be a little disappointed because we are so close. "We obviously didn't win the league but we'll be back next year and we've got a lot of motivation to win the league".
Van Dijk has quickly established himself as a fan favourite during his time with Liverpool, and it appears fellow defender Carragher is a bit of an admirer of the Premier League's Player of the Season as well.
When picking his Team of the Year, Crooks included the Dutchman alongside teammates Trent Alexander-Arnold, Andrew Robertson and Sadio Mane.
- At Least Three People Shot Outside Trump Beach Resort in Florida
- Rapper Kodak Black arrested, Lil Wayne refuses to perform at music festival
- Liverpool must be 'close to perfection' next season says Klopp
- Leeds win 1-0 at Derby in playoff semi-final first leg
- CJ McCollum Drops Game 7 Franchise Record!
- Supreme Court rules Apple will face antitrust suit for its iPhone apps
- Real Madrid 'offer Gareth Bale back to Tottenham in £10m loan'
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Series Finale Trailer: The Aftermath of Daenerys’ Decision
- Ships Sabotaged in UAE Waters Belonged to Norway, UAE, Saudi Arabia
- China Is Raising Tariffs on $60 Billion of US Goods