Just because Cersei and the Night King are gone does not mean another battle for the throne is off the cards, then, as otherwise, Game of Thrones season 8 would have ended with episode 5. This, obviously, does not sit well with Oberyn's lover and eight-time mother of his children, Ellaria, who gets revenge by killing Cersei's daughter, Myrcella, who was sent to the Martells to secure an alliance via arranged marriage. "They came into the world together and now they leave together". Yet each brutal maneuver that bought her a bit more time or power also cost her allies until the queen was alone and overrun. "The more we talked about it the more it seemed like the ideal end for her", Headey says. You could argue both queens were shown to be acting out of character.
Screen shots of his final scene - in which he embraces Cersei (Lena Headey) as the Red Keep goes up in flames - seems to contradict episode history. The actress didn't think it was in Cersei's character to give in so quickly.
It all started because Dany had quickly discovered that Jon had betrayed her (by telling Sansa who told Tyrion who told Varys about Jon being the true heir), and she was beyond pissed. Just as the civilians of King's Landing rang the titular bells of surrender, Dany clamped her eyes on the Red Keep and made a decision to fulfill her father's wish to burn it all. And while things turned into a "moral free for all", with the good guys becoming the bad guys, it was always their intention to see Clegane Bowl come to life. When they discover the passage is blocked, he comforts Cersei as they wait for the inevitable. I thought she was just being rotten.
Asked about her favorite Cersei scenes across her long list of standout moments, Headey chose a few. She knows how to fight back, and fight dirty.
"I think that when she says, 'Let it be fear, ' she's resigning herself to the fact that she may have to get things done in a way that isn't pleasant, and she may have to get things done in a way that is awful to lots of people", Weiss explained, as Benioff confirmed Dany "chose violence".
- Virgil van Dijk named Premier League Player of the Season
- Measles has cost California counties $400K this year so far
- CJ McCollum Drops Game 7 Franchise Record!
- Apple revamps its TV app ahead of streaming service launch
- Billy Donovan tops MI fans' wish list to replace John Beilein
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Series Finale Trailer: The Aftermath of Daenerys’ Decision
- Sri Lanka blocks some social media platforms after violent incidents
- Hollywood legend Doris Day dies at age 97
- Felicity Huffman Pleads Guilty to College Admissions Fraud
- Eden Hazard’s Real Madrid move to be confirmed after Europa League final