Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter fell and broke his hip on Monday as he was preparing to leave his home in Georgia for a turkey-hunting trip, and underwent successful surgery to fix the injury, a representative said.
Trump sent the well wishes on Twitter Monday afternoon - hours after Carter fell at his Plains, Georgia, home and had to have the surgery.
Carter, 94, fell at his home in Plains, Georgia, while on his way to go turkey hunting, the center said. His surgeon said the operation was a success and he is with his wife, Rosalynn, recovering. His wife, Rosalynn, is with him at the medical center.
Former President Jimmy Carter and wife Rosalynn shared a kiss at an Atlanta Hawks game on Valentine's Day as the National Basketball Association team played the Knicks, who won.
He is hopeful the state will allow him to roll over the unused limit to next season.
The center said Carter, the oldest living former president, was most concerned with missing days hunting before turkey season ends in the state. Carter disclosed in 2015 that he had melanoma that had spread to his liver and brain.
"I've had a wonderful life", he said at the time he revealed the cancer.
Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter sits after delivering a lecture at the House of Lords in London, Britain February 3, 2016.
Carter, who served from 1977 to 1981 as the 39th U.S. president, has been in remission from cancer since undergoing surgery in 2015 to remove a small mass on his liver.
- Apple revamps its TV app ahead of streaming service launch
- United States readies new tariffs as Trump says he'll meet China's Xi
- EPL: Tottenham draw 2-2 with Everton to finish fourth
- The Moon is cooling, shrinking and has moonquakes, Nasa finds
- Suns' Jackson faces felony charge after arrest
- Liverpool must be 'close to perfection' next season says Klopp
- Simona Halep makes it to Madrid Opens finals
- 'Game of Thrones' Series Finale Preview: The Last Power Struggle
- California Couple Awarded $2 Billion in Roundup Trial
- Empire Ending After Season 6, No Plans To Bring Jussie Smollett Back