Mr. Ratburn and the Special Someone, aired on May 13, 2019, and saw Arthur and his friends attend the wedding of their goofy and charismatic third-grade teacher, Mr. Ratburn. They believe the woman is his bride and devise a plan to stop the wedding.
In the episode, Mr. Ratburn marries another male character.
The word "lesbian" was not used in the episode, nor was the word "gay" used in the episode about Mr. Ratburn. The episode covers a topic that many children find relatable: Their teacher actually has a life outside of school.
"Now that Mr. Ratburn is gay I can finally die", one person wrote.
According to the fan page ArthurWiki, "Mr. Ratburn is primarily known for being a strict teacher, but he has many other hobbies outside of the classroom, including puppetry, playing in a rock band, and bird-watching".
But the kids chicken out when they get to the wedding and don't stand up to object to the marriage.
Viewers then watched Mr. Ratburn happily walk down the aisle with a groom on his arm, as the two men prepared to get married.
Arthur debuted in 1996 and featured Mr. Ratburn in its debut episode, Arthur's Eyes.
Response to the episode has been mostly positive with people praising the episode - with just a few questions remaining the show has yet to address.
- Lenovo reveals the world’s first foldable PC
- Beloved Actor And Comedian Tim Conway Has Died at 85-Years-Old
- Sudanese security forces kill six in clashes with protesters
- Mercedes surprise terminally ill child with Lewis Hamilton's F1 auto
- Conor McGregor Has Charges Dropped Over Phone Smashing Incident
- Deepest ever dive finds plastic bag at bottom of Mariana Trench
- Close Friend Patrice Evra Has Say On Paul Pogba's Man Utd Future
- Google Digital Wellbeing May Be Slowing Down Pixel Phones
- Did Kim Kardashian just reveal the name of her fourth child?!
- Facebook Still Leading Social Media Platform in 2019