With two games to go in the 2.Bundesliga, that could be any one of Paderborn, Union Berlin, Hamburg, Heidenheim or St. Pauli.
Replies from Oliver Fink and Dawid Kownacki threatened to turn the tide for the visitors as Dortmund failed to seized full control of their final home game of the season, and they were afforded a major let off when Dodi Lukebakio missed a penalty in the second half.
Serge Gnabry then hit the bar before Robert Lewandowski grazed the post minutes from time.
Christian Pulisic, playing his last home game for Dortmund, opened the scoring four minutes before the break with his first headed goal in the Bundesliga.
Dortmund could not hold on, however, as the visiting side equalized and made it 1-1 nearly immediately after the restart thanks to an bad mistake from goalkeeper Marwin Hitz.
Bayern need to beat Niko Kovac's old club at the Allianz Arena on Saturday to defend their Bundesliga title once more and hold off the challenge of Borussia Dortmund.
Thomas Delaney put the hosts back in front on 53 minutes, but a photo-finished ensued with Mario Gotze grabbing the victor in added time and Dawid Kownacki the consolation seconds later.
"We can only control what we do, but the coach has always said that everything is possible".
Nuremberg, meanwhile, were hammered 4-0 by Borussia Moenchengladbach thanks to an own-goal from Lukas Muehl and strikes from Thorgan Hazard, Denis Zakaria and former Nuremberg man Josip Drmic.
Bayern and Leipzig played an even match in which, despite a slight superiority of the Bavarian team, both had a chance to win.
However, victory against Werder Bremen on the final day of the season will wrap up a seventh successive title.
- Premier League title race comes down to final 90 minutes
- Did Prince Harry hint at Archie Harrison's name months ago
- Pompeo heads to Russia as US diplomacy turns schizophrenic
- Constance Wu explains her outburst after her show’s renewal
- Chris Attoh's wife 'shot dead' in the US
- Trump's lawyer cancels visit to Kyiv, meeting with Zelensky
- Will Aaron Rodgers Die on 'Game of Thrones' This Week?
- UAE says 4 ships targeted by ‘sabotage’ off its east coast
- Samsung to announce new Galaxy Fold launch date in a few days
- 'Game of Thrones' gaming chairs available for die-hard fans