South Shore Furniture said in a tweet Thursday that the "Libra" chest could tip over if it isn't secured to a wall.
The recalled chests are unstable if not anchored to the wall and serious injury or death can occur to children.
3-drawer chests with the model numbers listed above that end in the letter A, B, C, D or E are also included in this recall.
There are two reports of incidents involving the recalled chests, one in which a 2-year-old child was killed and another child was injured.
In one, a child had bruises on his leg and scratches.
The dressers were sold online through Walmart, Amazon, Target and other retailers between October 2009 and July 2018.
The 3-drawer chests were sold both individually and as part of a three-piece bedroom set.
The units were sold in nine colors and bear the following model numbers and finishes: 3046033 (Royal Cherry); 3070033 and 3070223 (Black); 3159033 and 3159223 (Chocolate); 3050033 and 3050223 (White); 3113033 (Natural Maple); 10430 (Soft Gray); 10433 (Gray Oak); 10680 (Country Pine) and 10682 (Rustic Oak). They can also receive a free tip-over restraint kit with one-time free in-home installation. Each drawer has one metal handle.
Consumers can contact the Saint-Croix-based company at 1-855-215-4932 Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m. South Shore Furniture will send packing as well as a prepaid shipping label to return the drawer slides for a full refund. Furniture giant Ikea said June 28 it would recall its hugely popular Malm model of chest of drawers in the United States and Canada after six children in the United States were crushed to death when the chests tipped over.
- Dyson patents hint at design of its electric crossover
- What to buy in all-out trade war with China
- Former Buckeyes assistant Smith arrested
- VW releases official photos and pricing for landmark ID.3 electric hatchback
- Milwaukee reaches settlement with electric scooter company
- Djokovic dispatches Chardy to reach Madrid quarters
- Wikileaks source Chelsea Manning freed from jail on contempt charge - for now
- United States senators want Amazon’s Alexa device for kids investigated by the FTC
- Offset Shooting: Migos Rapper Possible Target In Drive-By Shooting At Studio
- Moeen Ali ruled out of first ODI against Pakistan