Attention is focused on children this week, which is Children's Mental Health Awareness Week. It aims to reduce the stigma associated with mental health and address misconceptions about mental illness. Both diseases have grave underlying biological and genetic causes, yet we tend to ignorantly toss around mental health terms. There are many different mental illnesses, they have different symptoms, and they impact people differently. As CEO of Center for Change, my staff and I have the privilege of serving many members of our community who are experiencing some of the most challenging times of their lives - mental illnesses that are often invisible to the casual observer in ways that physical illnesses are not.
When there are pressures in our lives it is normal for people to sometimes feel worried, anxious or upset.
All month long, mental health organizations across the country are doing what they can to teach people about the effects of mental illness.
Skelly said she disagrees with that assertion and called this the first step in a "very significant injection of funds into wraparound services for mental health care", culminating in $3.8 billion over a 10-year period. According to Rethink Mental Illness, "being mentally healthy is about having the strength to overcome the difficulties and challenges we can all face in our lives and to have confidence and self-esteem to be able to make decisions and to believe in ourselves". "It really supports this government's agenda around connecting Ontarians, and making sure that it's a connected mental health and addiction strategy", she said. For urgent help phone the Sarnia-Lambton Mental Health First Response Service (available 24/7) at 1-800-307-4319. Receiving mental health treatment should not be considered a privilege, but a right to all people who suffer from the range of debilitating illnesses.
"Because kids don't wear their thoughts on their sleeves, we don't know what they might be going through, but we can all be a voice for childhood mental health", said David Axelson, MD, chief of the Department of Psychiatry and Big Lots Behavioral Health Services at Nationwide Children's Hospital. United Counseling Service is the designated agency serving residents of Bennington County.
- Moeen Ali ruled out of first ODI against Pakistan
- Roger Federer will play Italian Open in warm-up for Roland Garros
- Dyson patents hint at design of its electric crossover
- Constance Wu explains her outburst after her show’s renewal
- John Wick 3 Rotten Tomatoes Score Is In
- President Nominates Shanahan for Defense Secretary
- Priyanka Chopra sings 'Choli Ke Peeche' in her Met Gala 2019 outfit
- VW releases official photos and pricing for landmark ID.3 electric hatchback
- Looking back at previous Raptors advance-or-go-home playoff games
- Intel to ship 10nm mobile CPUs in June, 7nm chips in 2021