"I said I was upset and crying".
Wu clearly recognized she was in hot water after her initial tweets garnered press attention and got her name trending on Twitter.
'So upset right now that I'm literally crying. Ugh.
Within the hour, she posted a second tweet: "F-ing hell". Wu wrote "No, it's not" in a since-deleted tweet Friday, May 10, 2019, responding to a fan who called the renewal "great news". She added that she was "grateful" for the renewal.
"I've always sought artistic challenge over comfort and ease", said Wu in a lengthy message posted to Twitter. No it's not.what this is all about. "Stop assuming", she stated to her followers, before sending another Tweet expressing her love for the cast and crew, as well as revealing she is thrilled to continue with FOTB. "It's meaningful when you make the choice to believe women", she said.
Twentieth Century Fox Television declined to comment on the matter.
"Dislike", Wu wrote under the post, according to Variety.
Reps for 20th Century Fox, which produces the show and ABC have not yet responded to Wu's Tweet, but fans minds are made up.
Apparently, the whole world misunderstood what Constance Wu meant about the Fresh Off the Boat renewal. "Cultural differences still present everyday challenges, but close friends, neighbors and business partners are there to help them navigate the complexities of raising a family of future Millennials", states the description on the show's website.
"The scheduling has been challenging, to say the least, but the experience of going back, other than the scheduling, has been just great", she admitted about filming the series while doing Crazy Rich Asians press. Crazy Rich Asians featured an nearly entirely Asian cast, which many saw as a challenge to racism in Hollywood.
"But if one does have privilege, they ought to use that privilege as best they can", she adds.
- Finally! Sonos says it’ll launch Google Assistant for select speakers next week
- Iran Guards reject U.S. talks, cleric threatens carrier
- Looking back at previous Raptors advance-or-go-home playoff games
- No Hurry to Sign China Deal
- Dyson patents hint at design of its electric crossover
- Roger Federer will play Italian Open in warm-up for Roland Garros
- Former Buckeyes assistant Smith arrested
- Moeen Ali ruled out of first ODI against Pakistan
- Samsung to announce new Galaxy Fold launch date in a few days
- Terrorists attack five-star hotel in Gwadar