It's safe to say that there will never be a paranormal investigator as friendly, empathetic, kind, and interesting as Lorraine Warren, and her and Ed's work will be forever remembered by anyone with even a passing interest in the supernatural.
Phone messages and emails were left with several of Warren's family members.
In 1952, the Warrens founded the New England Society for Psychic Research, whose sole objective was to shed more light on supernatural events like hauntings.
Ed Warren worked as a demonologist and Lorraine was a trance medium; they lived and operated in CT, but traveled to investigate supernatural phenomena.
Paranormal investigator Lorraine Warren (L) and actress Vera Farmiga pose at the after party for Warner Bros. She lived her life in grace and cheerfulness. Please join us in celebrating her life and honoring her attractive soul. She and her husband, Ed, traveled widely researching paranormal and occult phenomena, writing books and lecturing. Especially in this climate, to be honest with you, in this climate of dissension and rancor and division, I love exhibiting their unity, and their closeness, and their togetherness.
The family requests that you respect their privacy at this time.
She was wonderful and giving to her entire family. "She was happy and laughing until the very end". Righteousness was her breastplate, and she has touched my life so.
Hailing from Connecticut, Lorraine (a self-confessed light trance medium) first met Ed when they were teenagers.
The ghost-busting couple's cases spurred many Hollywood films including the "Conjuring" series and 'Annabell'. Keep in mind to treasure those you love while you can.
"I was so blessed to have known her and am honoured to portray her". She WAS love. And with that love and compassion, she changed the world many, many times. "I had the pleasure of meeting her & it will be a meeting I'll never forget". Farmiga and Wilson returned for The Conjuring 2, which focused on another of the Warrens' notable cases, the Enfield Poltergeist.
Though they were the world's most famous ghost-busters, Ed and Lorraine Warren faced great criticism, many calling their investigations to be mere hoaxes.
- Main points of the Mueller report
- Sarah Sanders admitted she lied to the White House press
- Benches clear, managers brawl after bat flip retaliation during White Sox-Royals
- South Africa church collapses killing 13 worshippers at Easter service
- Feds Charge 60 People in Illegal Prescription Opioid Crackdown
- Kim Kardashian reveals the mystery behind her and Kanye's bathroom sink
- The first details of the next generation Sony PlayStation game — Sony PlayStation
- Sushma Swaraj asks Indians stranded in violence-hit Tripoli to leave immediately
- Allegri does not want Juventus celebrations diluted
- Notre Dame fire: Cause revealed as ‘computer glitch’ by rector