Just two years ago his back pain was so bad Woods thought he might never play again, let alone win another major. But he took it head-on.
Staunch Woods supporters always held onto the hope that he could regain his form and threaten to move closer to Jack Nicklaus's record 18 major championship wins.
That's two pretty accomplished athletes - a 23-time Olympic gold medalist and a six-time NBA champion - still marveling at Woods, who at age 43 won his 15th career major Sunday at Augusta National.
"They [Woods' tour opponents] got problems". I feel like every step is so calculated and every little small detail he pays so much attention to. I'm sure I wasn't the only one to have gone through a similar path to the place where we'll all forever remember where we were when Mr. Woods sank that putt to win his fifth green jacket.
"If Tiger Woods wins the masters this week, I (father) get to have the option of naming our son (coming September 2019) Tiger Little", the contract read.
"No one expected him to be back the way he is now", Jordan said. "To me, it s unbelievable".
With that framework, it's not hard to imagine that Jordan, an avid golfer and an even more ferocious gambler on the course, would have a special appreciation for Woods' success.
Michael Jordan is no stranger to incredible comebacks.
If anyone says anything along the lines of, "Hey Tiger's got a two-shot lead heading into the last two holes!" you can bet hundreds of millions of people will be gluing their eyeballs to a screen to witness what happens next and I'm glad to play a small role in that overall beast.
"You rely so much on the mental toughness", Jordan said.
"You have so many things you can draw upon, and the other guys don't have the same".
Williams was dumped by Woods in June 2011 - ending a 13-year relationship in which he won 72 times worldwide and claimed 13 majors. You think about (Francesco) Molinari hitting it in the water on 12, (Tony) Finau hitting in the water, Brooks (Koepka) hitting in the water on 12.
"But that's Tiger Woods - he does things no-one else could dream of doing".
- Irish premier hails centuries old friendship between Ireland and the US
- Easter Egg Hunt This Saturday in Gray Summit
- Climate change activists take to streets in Dublin
- Apple Music faces fresh competition from Amazon’s new free option
- Latest Easter forecast with record temperatures expected on bank holiday weekend
- Hurricane Michael gets an upgrade to rare Category 5 status
- Ethiopia, Gambia most improved while Ghana falters in 2019 Press Freedom Index
- Trump Veto Proves U.S. Behind Yemen War: Houthi Rebels
- Cersei and Tyrion Lannister meet their 'Sesame Street' Muppet doubles
- Feds Charge 60 People in Illegal Prescription Opioid Crackdown