The Kansas City Royals will continue their American League Central clash at Guaranteed Rate Field on Wednesday afternoon as they get set for the third and final game of their series against the Chicago White Sox.
Anderson chucked his bat toward Chicago's dugout while admiring his two-run shot off Brad Keller in the fourth.
Anderson, who drew the ire of the Royals and was plunked in the back by a pitch later in the game, didn't waste time firing back at Grichuk, who recently signed a $52 million United States contract extension with the Jays. The dugouts and bullpens emptied, though no punches appeared to be thrown.
Anderson had choice words for Keller, with Royals catcher Martin Maldonado standing between the two, and White Sox manager Rick Renteria came out and yelled toward the Royals' bench, further inciting things.
Anderson, Keller, Renteria and Sveum were all ejected by umpire Joe West. Keller threw 91 pitches over five innings and was replaced by Ian Kennedy.
The game featured a benches-clearing fracas and several ejections in the sixth inning.
Alex Gordon's two-run single in the fifth inning tied the score at 2.
White Sox: Moncada had a headache but no concussion after being lifted for precautionary reasons in the seventh. The White Sox have no timetable for OF Jon Jay (strained right hip) going on a rehab assignment. RHP Domingo German (3-0, 1.38) pitches for the Yankees.
He also opened the year with a quality outing against Kansas City, tossing 6 ⅔ frames of two-run, three-hit ball and striking out eight batters in a 6-3 White Sox win. The veteran took the loss at NY on Saturday despite holding the Yankees to one run over six-plus innings.
- South Africa church collapses killing 13 worshippers at Easter service
- Hashim Amla included in South Africa`s World Cup squad
- Easter weekend: Club opening hours
- Dad fights off pack of dingoes to save toddler in Australia
- SRH vs CSK: David Warner achieves historic first in Indian Premier League
- El Al Flight Attendant Who Contracted Measles Now in a 'Deep Coma'
- Ivanka Trump says she passed on World Bank job
- Oil Extends Gains After China Data
- Stop & Shop apologizes for limited offerings during strike
- 21 charged in 'car2go' rental vehicle thefts in Chicago