The 34-year-old joined Juventus from Real last summer in a €100m deal which runs until 2022, with a reported annual salary of €31m.
He did all he could to get them there as well.
However, the Italian side were stunned in the quarter-finals of the competition on Tuesday by Ajax, with even Ronaldo unable to prevent Juve slipping to a 3-2 aggregate defeat. "He is the future of Juventus".
Speaking in a press conference ahead of Juventus clash against Fiorentina on Saturday, April 20, which could see his club lift an eight consecutive Serie A title, Allegri said: "I always said that with the arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo, there was no mathematical assurance of winning the Champions League".
He scored six of his teams' 14 Champions League goals this season and has 19 so far in Serie A, four behind leading scorer Fabio Quagliarella.
"There's regret for the Champions (League), but the verdict must be accepted, without seeking alibis and justifications, because these things are only used by those who don't win", he said. "He has done very well this year and will do so next season, of course he is disappointed like all of us but he's calm about it", said Allegri.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admitted after the defeat at Barcelona in the Champions League that it'll take years of work to reach to the top. Coming to the stadium, having the negativity of the Champions League and not celebrating the Scudetto would be wrong.
De Ligt's focus is on helping his side win trophies as they are in contention to win the treble, just like Barcelona.
- Stop & Shop apologizes for limited offerings during strike
- Red Sox swap catchers, cutting Swihart and calling up León
- SRH vs CSK: David Warner achieves historic first in Indian Premier League
- Spec Hyundai Venue unveiled
- Benches clear, managers brawl after bat flip retaliation during White Sox-Royals
- Yzerman to be named Red Wings general manager
- Consumer BBM is shutting down, but BlackBerry throws a lifeline
- Researchers restore functions to pig brains hours after death
- Ivanka Trump says she passed on World Bank job
- Sarah Sanders admitted she lied to the White House press