The summit is likely to take place in the Pacific port city of Vladivostok, near the borders with China and North Korea. This year's anniversary came as North Korea held a series of political events to solidify leader Kim Jong Un's grip on power.
In a speech to Pyongyang's rubber-stamp parliament on Friday, Kim said the Hanoi meeting raised questions about Washington's intention but added he will wait until the end of the year for the USA to make "a courageous decision".
"North Korea has tremendous potential for.extraordinary growth, economic success and riches under the leadership of Chairman Kim", Trump continued. "There is no discussion with the North yet, but we need to consider all possible circumstances including a possible visit by Trump to Korea in May or June".
The official said the president will talk about his latest summit with U.S. President Donald Trump in Washington last Thursday as well as North Korean leader Kim Jong-un's speech in response to the summit.
According to the news agency, that trip is related to preparations for the North Korean leader's visit to Russian Federation.
In a speech delivered to North Korea's rubber-stamp parliament on Friday, Kim said he is open to a third summit with Trump but set an end-of-year deadline for Washington to offer mutually acceptable terms for an agreement. "North Korea has demonstrated its intention to continue talks".
Kim blamed the collapse of the second summit with Trump on what he described as Washington's unilateral demands.
President Moon Jae-in, center, moves into a reception room in the Blue House along with military leaders who attended a ceremony where they were promoted to higher ranks on Monday. In Kim's speech, three core examples of this policy were the United States' refusal to grant sanctions relief, its continuation of modified military exercises with South Korea, and a recent USA missile defense test against an intercontinental-range ballistic missile-class target.
Choe also "called for making a dynamic struggle for the prosperity of Juche Korea and accomplishment of the cause of socialism, single-heartedly rallied around Kim Jong Un", KCNA said.
The United States is "is still shunning the withdrawal of its hostile policy, the fundamental way of establishing the new DPRK-U.S. relations, and miscalculating that it can bring us to our knees if it puts maximum pressure on us", Kim said.
"Now the North is turning its eyes to Russia", Park said.
- Sudan military rulers meet U.S. envoy in Khartoum
- Leganes 1-1 Real Madrid: Zinedine Zidane's side held by neighbours
- Trump steps up attack on 'out-of-control' Muslim politician Ilhan Omar
- Hoda Kotb introduces newborn daughter Hope Catherine
- Trump spends America's tax filing day in Minnesota
- Bernie Sanders Just Showed His Full-Throated Embrace of Capitalism
- College student dies after falling 40 feet from campus clock tower
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez shares her ideal 'Game of Thrones' outcome
- Hurricanes' Andrei Svechnikov in concussion protocol after absorbing Ovie punches
- Man United's De Gea has done 'super special preparation' for Messi coach