"It was just great to see".
Combined with an encore presentation, the final round combined for a 11.1 rating, which would be the best for the final round of The Masters since 2010, when Phil Mickelson won and Woods finished tied for fourth as he returned from a scandal that began with him driving into a fire hydrant.
Such talk, while Woods battled a potentially career-ending back injury, was widely dismissed as little more than politeness from someone who could hardly say anything else.
Jack Nicklaus has always believed a healthy Tiger Woods would equal or surpass his record of 18 major championships, even if he was joking when he said the prospect had him "shaking in his boots". "He's got me shaking in my boots!"
The mystery USA punter placed an $85,000 (£64,900) bet on Woods winning the Masters with William Hill, two days before the tournament teed off, winning the life-changing sum from the 14/1 odds. That, of course, would take a minor miracle, and he's given just 100/1 odds to win the U.S. Open, British Open and PGA Championship after his Masters' victory. McIlroy and Justin Thomas are right behind them at 12/1.
In 2010, Williams wrote that she hoped to catch Woods' major championship total with her Grand Slam total.
As well as becoming the first Italian to win a major championship, Molinari won the BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth, his first PGA Tour title in the Quicken Loans National - a tournament hosted by Woods - and he became the first European to compile a flawless 5-0 record in the Ryder Cup.
"His win is good for golf and its good for Nike", he said.
Woods and Williams have a history of publicly supporting each other.
Woods, however, preferred to savour his fifth Green Jacket. "I didn't know what was happening".
- Sunday outages for Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp users
- Watch the moment when Notre Dame's burning spire topples over
- NFL Analyst Suggests Kyler Murray Could Fall Out Of First Round
- Game Of Thrones Sophie Turner reveals emotional depression battle
- College student dies after falling 40 feet from campus clock tower
- First NFL games at new stadium revealed
- Apple Potentially Spending Over $500M For Arcade Subscription
- At least three killed in Summit Air plane crash at Lukla airport
- Trump spends America's tax filing day in Minnesota
- Mobile might start selling the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3a