Great news for Seattle Seahawks fans as their star quarterback has agreed to a deal that will reportedly make him the highest paid player in the NFL. The contract makes Wilson the highest-paid player in the National Football League, surpassing Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.
Here are three teams who could possibly meet the Seahawks' demands for Russell Wilson.
"Seattle, we have a deal", Wilson said in the video early Tuesday morning. "Go Hawks!" she said, with Russell adding, "I'ma see y'all in the morning".
Wilson, the 75th overall pick in the 2012 draft, signed his first contract extension in July, 2015-a four-year, $86 million deal with a $31 million signing bonus.
Coach Pete Carroll, also speaking at the end of the season, said a Wilson extension was "very much in our plans". It will be even more so on Seahawks' front office to build a team around Wilson that he can lead back to the promised land.
"The Seahawks won a Super Bowl in Wilson's second year and went to a Super Bowl in his third when he was still operating on his rookie contract after being selected in the third round". The Lions have been adamant that they haven't supported Stafford enough in recent seasons and have made this offseason about changing that, starting with hiring a new offensive coordinator in Darrell Bevell, who was Wilson's play caller in Seattle. But as Prescott moves towards the $28 million per season range, one wonders if the Cowboys with their talented youthful roster can find a way to advance deeper in the playoffs than they have for so many years. Russell's camp had imposed a deadline of midnight Monday (April 15) for Seattle to work out a deal and ESPN reports this extension was finished after four days of negotiations. He threw 35 touchdowns to seven interceptions in 2018, while completing 65.6 percent of his pass attempts. The hardest working man I know. Wilson reported the news himself (sans financial details) on Twitter and the details poured in from there. The heart of his career will be played out right where it started. Your dedication, consistency & commitment to the game never wavers. "I'm excited about that".
- The attacks on Ilhan Omar reveal an America set against Muslims
- Leganes 1-1 Real Madrid: Zinedine Zidane's side held by neighbours
- Hurricanes' Andrei Svechnikov in concussion protocol after absorbing Ovie punches
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez shares her ideal 'Game of Thrones' outcome
- Bruins outmuscle Maple Leafs to win Game 2
- Tributes and pledges as North Korea marks founder Kim Il Sung's birthday
- Bernie Sanders Just Showed His Full-Throated Embrace of Capitalism
- IOS 13 may include system-wide dark mode and undo gesture
- Israeli scientists create first-ever living heart ‘printed’ from human tissue
- Kyrie Irving dedicates Game 1 win to Marcus Smart