Sanders attended a Fox News town hall in Bethlehem, Pa., where he was asked about several issues, including third-trimester abortions.
Brazile, a former head of the DNC, has definitely made quite the career transition after being hired by Fox News earlier this year.
"We pay for what we're proposing, unlike the President of the United States", he said, adding later: "In terms of Medicare for All, we are paying for that by eliminating as I said before, deductibles and premiums".
Asked whether his plans bring big price tags that would drive up the national debt, the Democratic presidential contender scoffed at the suggestion, saying his plans for more taxes on the wealthy and the biggest multinational corporations would cover the costs of his ideas.
President Donald Trump lashed out at former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen.
"Martha, why don't you- you make more money than I do!" Sanders has said in interviews that his recent increase in income is due to the success of his books: 2016's "Our Revolution", which came out after Trump took the presidency and earned a spot on the Times' bestseller list and 2018's "Where We Go from Here: Two Years in the Resistance".
Sanders in a statement said the returns "show that our family has been very fortunate".
Trump, however, is unlikely to be fazed by Sanders's decision to release his tax information, after winning the White House in 2017 without filing his returns. More than $2.1 million came from Texans who wrote checks of $200 or more. The two paid $145,840 in taxes, or a 26 percent tax rate, and also gave 3.4 percent of their income to charity, donating $18,950.
At the televised meeting, Mr Sanders said he would not apologise for his recent wealth.
Taxes paid: $697,611, or 37%. "If anyone thinks I should apologize for writing a bestselling book, I'm sorry, I'm not gonna do it".
Sanders' earlier tax returns, dating back to 2009, show much smaller earnings. "Hey, President Trump. My wife and I just released 10 years". Clinton, by contrast, released 8 years worth of complete returns.
"Democratic socialism to me is creating a government and an economy and a society that works for all rather than the top 1 percent", he said.
- The attacks on Ilhan Omar reveal an America set against Muslims
- Trump spends America's tax filing day in Minnesota
- Strikers hold key for Man United at Barcelona in Champions League - Solskjaer
- Israeli scientists create first-ever living heart ‘printed’ from human tissue
- Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker’s Ending Was Changed During Filming
- Trump steps up attack on 'out-of-control' Muslim politician Ilhan Omar
- Hurricanes' Andrei Svechnikov in concussion protocol after absorbing Ovie punches
- Man City manager Guardiola: We will beat Tottenham
- IOS 13 may include system-wide dark mode and undo gesture
- Watford vs. Arsenal - Football Match Report