Plenty were surprised when it was Emery, most recently of Paris St Germain, who was selected following a rigorous interview process headed by former chief executive Ivan Gazidis.
The 28-year-old solid form this season has prompted plenty of questions about why Arsenal opted to let the midfielder leave The Emirates for nothing rather than tie him down to a new deal. "He said something - it doesn't matter what - but I said to him I didn't see it".
'He wants to do something important for the supporters and I want to do something important with for him in his last matches here.' Ramsey has been among the goals for Arsenal recently - he scored against Napoli in the Europa League and was also on target against Newcastle in the Premier League. We spoke about football here, English football and their experience because they were here six months before us.
"For example we had dinner, their coaches and with our coaches, one day in St Albans in September".
Gracia feels Deeney's challenge did not deserve a straight dismissal which means the club captain will miss games against Huddersfield, Southampton and Wolves.
Arsenal moved into the Premier League top four, but made hard work of seeing off 10-man Watford 1-0 thanks to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's fortunate early opener on Monday.
"They are very hard teams to battle because defensively they are very strong and this is now at Watford".
"I am very proud of my players", he said.
- Microsoft Hacked: Attackers Actually Able to Read User Emails
- College student dies after falling from campus clock tower weeks before graduation
- New York City's mandatory measles vaccine orders trigger lawsuit from parents
- WATCH Devastation Wrought by Deadly Tornado in Texas
- Trump Questions Why 'Radical Left Democrats' Should See Mueller Report
- Microsoft Xbox One S All-Digital Edition
- Oklahoma City Thunder: 3 takeaways from Game 1 vs. Blazers
- Pistons' Griffin out for Game 1 in Milwaukee
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry to keep royal baby's arrival private
- Elon Musk Tweets Out Another Tesla Forecast in Midst of SEC Talks