Simmons always has struggled in the postseason (aside from not shooting 3-pointers), scoring over 20 points just one time in 11 postseason games. This season, Embiid is averaging 27.5 points, 13.6 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game. The Eastern Conference finals is the goal, and they can't beat the best teams in the East without a healthy Joel Embiid.
Joel Embiid was caught along with Johnson looking at what appeared to be Johnson's phone on the bench.
"We'll adjust if he doesn't play", Atkinson said.
With two days between Games 1 and 2, Embiid won't all of a sudden get his conditioning back.
"If you're going to boo, then stay on that side", he said.
"I am the one feeling the pain and I know my body", Embiid said.
Butler kept the Sixers in the game with a sensational first half that showed why the franchise surrendered so much to land the four-time All-Star.
Brown, for his part, called the actions of Johnson and Embiid "completely unacceptable", stressing Philadelphia would "deal with it internally". Ed Davis came of the bench to add 12 points and 16 rebounds in a surprise performance. "We tried to play him in five-minute clumps and maximize that, but even that got the better of him from a pace standpoint".
Embiid was questionable heading into Game 1 with a knee injury, but he was a late addition to the lineup.
Philadelphia: City of Brotherly boos. Not to mention Jimmy Butler, his notoriously competitive teammate. "Now that we've attracted them into our system, we're going to work really hard at keeping them around for a while", Josh Harris said.
"We think he's the right leader to take us where we need to go in the playoffs", Harris said.
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry to keep royal baby's arrival private
- Huawei launches P30 series in Kenya
- College student dies after falling from campus clock tower weeks before graduation
- PM Modi addresses rally in Kathua, Jammu and Kashmir
- Highlights from The Mandalorian at Star Wars Celebration
- Indian squad for World Cup announced; Pant, Rayudu out
- Brexit can not define us, says UK PM's deputy as ratings dip
- Julian Assange accused of setting up 'spy centre' in Ecuadorian embassy
- Trump Questions Why 'Radical Left Democrats' Should See Mueller Report
- Pistons' Griffin out for Game 1 in Milwaukee