"We had (Barcelona) flustered at times here as well. Everyone's got talent, a certain ability to play, but we've seen ourselves against PSG that we can come back from being 2-0 down against a fantastic team", he told reporters at the pre-match news conference.
Midfielder Nemanja Matic and full-back Matteo Darmian were also part of the 22-man squad heading out to Barcelona on Monday morning but Ander Herrera and Eric Bailly miss out. We have to defend well but we have to have that little bit of extra to score goals.
Marcus Rashford tried restoring parity for the Red Devils nearly immediately after conceding their first goal but his efforts was intercepted by the visitors defenders.
"We need to score goals", Solskjær said.
Solskjaer revealed Alexis Sanchez is back in contention and returns to the squad after six weeks out with a knee injury.
Marcus Rashford and Romelu Lukaku are the two players who are expected to start up front on Tuesday at the Camp Nou and there is a slight possibility that Sanchez is brought on late in the second leg if Solskjaer is planning to throw the kitchen sink at Barcelona. "Let's hope Alexis when he's on the pitch can be happy and can feature in the business end of the season".
"Alexis has been here and played here", Solskjaer said.
Of the 70 previous occasions a side has won a Champions League knockout tie first leg away from home, just four have been eliminated (6%).
Barca are unbeaten in 30 Champions League home games and were last knocked out of a European competition after winning the first leg in the 1984-85 season.
Sanchez was handed a contract worth 500,000-a-week, but has proved to be one of the most expensive failures in the club's history.
- Pistons' Griffin out for Game 1 in Milwaukee
- Festival-goers told to run as fire breaks out at Coachella overnight
- Harden, Rockets cruise past Jazz in Game 1
- Loughlin, Giannulli plead not guilty in college scam
- Julian Assange accused of setting up 'spy centre' in Ecuadorian embassy
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry to keep royal baby's arrival private
- WATCH Devastation Wrought by Deadly Tornado in Texas
- Disney Streaming Service Reveals Full Lineup of Marvel Series
- Jurgen Klopp sets target for Liverpool as title pursuit hots up
- Uber to debut on NY bourse