No information about pricing options emerged though, so we're still in the dark on that one. When did we all celebrate the introduction of 3G? Over the past decade, Samsung has worked closely with network operators, device manufacturers and software developers to make 5G a reality with its complete end-to-end solution. Wasn't that too fast?
This is similar to the 6.7-inch Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, which launches in Korea today, 5 April. However, while the non-5G flagships got release dates and prices, details about the Galaxy S10 5G availability and price were skipped from the initial announcement.
"Title of being "world's first 5G" may bring a promotional effect for one company [like] Verizon, but for South Korea it's a publicity for the entire country", Kim Yeon-Hak, an internet technology expert who is teaching at Sogang University, told ABC News.
The service is also available in other major cities outside Seoul.
The day's first SK Telecom 5G customer shows his new Samsung Galaxy S10 5G smartphone during a launch event at an SK Telecom shop in Seoul on April 5.
"I watch a lot of videos often, movies and lectures", said buyer Shim Ji-hye, 38.
If you're lucky enough to live in one of the areas covered by Verizon's 5G network, your compatible smartphone will be able to reach data speeds of up to 1Gbps, no less than ten times faster than the current 4G LTE speeds.
Another user said he was most excited about virtual reality content - which includes games and even "celebrity VR dating" apps according to the country's mobile carriers.
The Samsung Galaxy S10 (Review) utilises Qualcomm's 3D ultrasonic in-display fingerprint technology, which relies on ultrasonic waves reflecting from the finger to create a 3D map of the fingerprint pattern.
You will recall that we published the news of Chinese telecoms giant and second largest electronics producer in the world, Huawei launching a foldable 5G Smartphone in Barcelona on the 24th of February ahead of the 2019 Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Spain's Barcelona. This means that Samsung Electronics has won the crown in the release of 5G devices.
- The Ben Simmons question resurfaces right away in this year’s playoffs
- Julian Assange accused of setting up 'spy centre' in Ecuadorian embassy
- Oklahoma City Thunder: 3 takeaways from Game 1 vs. Blazers
- Paris' Notre Dame cathedral on fire
- PM Modi addresses rally in Kathua, Jammu and Kashmir
- Jurgen Klopp sets target for Liverpool as title pursuit hots up
- Pistons' Griffin out for Game 1 in Milwaukee
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry to keep royal baby's arrival private
- Uber to debut on NY bourse
- Highlights from The Mandalorian at Star Wars Celebration