Mueller released the report on his almost two year investigation into Russian meddling during the 2016 presidential election on March 22.
"Before seeing its contents, Nunes labeled Mueller's report a "partisan document" and said "we can just burn it up, ' even as most of Trump's supporters were celebrating the news - as described publicly by Barr - that Mueller "did not establish" a conspiracy between the campaign and the Russian government".
President Trump set the stage for the possible release of special counsel Robert Mueller's report this week by repeating the findings of Attorney General William Barr's summary and suggested, "INVESTIGATE THE INVESTIGATORS!"
Last month, Barr released a summary of Mueller's findings, almost 48 hours after the special counsel's investigation was completed. Nadler noted that Barr, before he became the country's top law enforcement official, wrote that Trump could not obstruct justice because the president "is the boss of the Justice Department and could order it around to institute an investigation, to eliminate an investigation or could not be questioned about that". But that result did not satisfy President Trump's political opponents, who are now calling for the full Mueller report to be released. Mr. Barr also said he believed the Obama administration spied on the Trump campaign - but clarified the question is whether it was merited or not. That happened three weeks ago, but after Attorney General William Barr released a four-page summary of the almost 400-page report, there has been a new anticipation - and growing acrimony - for the report to be released to members of Congress and the public. "And we need to see them and the public needs to see them". "And that's for Congress to judge whether the president obstructed justice or not, and the public ultimately".
Rosenstein on Friday defended Barr's handling of the process, saying the attorney general was "being as forthcoming as he can".
- Highlights from The Mandalorian at Star Wars Celebration
- A Number of GeForce GTX Graphics Cards Will Now Support Ray Tracing
- Tiger Woods seals fifth Masters title and 15th major
- College student dies after falling from campus clock tower weeks before graduation
- Ocasio-Cortez Tells War Vet Congressman To Do Something About Domestic Terror
- Democrats step up pressure for President Trump’s tax returns
- PM Modi addresses rally in Kathua, Jammu and Kashmir
- Tiger Woods claims first US Masters since 2008 in major comeback
- How to watch Game of Thrones season 8 on Netflix
- M27 - MI v RR