Police had to open fire on a auto after the Ukrainian ambassador to the UK's vehicle was "deliberately rammed".
The embassy says in a statement Saturday that no one on the embassy staff was injured and that a suspect was apprehended and taken to a British police station. He said the embassy had not been threatened in recent weeks.
"The police were called immediately, and the suspect's vehicle was blocked up", it added. As police officers arrived at the scene, the vehicle then drove towards them, prompting them to open fire, shooting at the driver through the auto window. "In response, the police were forced to open fire on the perpetrator's vehicle", it said.
Firearms officers swooped and the vehicle was then driven at police.
The Holland Park area is home to several embassies including the Embassy of Uzbekistan, the Embassy of Greece and the Cameroon High Commission in London.
The incident is not being treated as terrorism, added police.
The man has since been arrested and the incident is declared over by police, who are not treating it as terror-related.
Commenting on the incident, the Metropolitan police stated that they have opened an investigation into the attack.
The woman, who did not wish to be named, said officers arrived "very quick", adding: "I saw many police cars coming".
"He has been taken to a central London hospital as a precaution".
A silver vehicle outside the embassy was the subject of a forensic officer's investigation on Saturday afternoon.
Ruptly's footage from the scene shows a sedan with its doors open in the middle of the street and forensic officers examining the area.
A police committee is investigating the officers' use of firearms.
The Met said the Directorate of Professional Standards had been informed.
- International Criminal Court rejects call to investigate war crimes in Afghanistan
- OPEC projects to tighter oil market in 2019
- Man arrested after boy falls from balcony at USA shopping centre
- FCC announces $20 billion for rural broadband providers, schedules third 5G auction
- Walmart Responds to Bezos with Tweet Asking Amazon to Pay Taxes
- Pep Guardiola defends Manchester City tactics in Tottenham defeat
- Trump’s sanctuary city idea could help migrants stay in the US
- M27 - MI v RR
- Heartbeat bill passes and legal battle set
- Georgetown Students Must Pay $27/Semester in Reparations for Slave Descendants