By promoting ambitious forward-thinking policies including the Green New Deal, a bill to address human-induced climate-change, Ocasio-Cortez has found herself the preferred target of white conservative ire in the USA - including becoming the recipient of multiple death threats, according to reports.
"It's terrorists who killed nearly 3,000 Americans, and we should talk about it that way", Crenshaw told NBC News on Friday.
Omar slammed conservatives for attacking her comments in a Twitter post, in which she called out Fox News and Crenshaw specifically, writing that it is a "dangerous incitement, given the death threats I face".
Everything Ocasio-Cortez tweeted was either an outright lie or was misleading as she defended Omar.
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) rushed to the defense of Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) on Thursday after a clip of Omar went viral this week that showed her describing the 9/11 terrorist attacks as "some people did something". Omar at a speech last month said that "some people did something" as she talked about the creation of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.
"You refuse to cosponsor the 9/11 Victim's Compensation Fund, yet have the audacity to drum resentment towards Ilhan w/completely out-of-context quotes", posted Ocasio-Cortez.
"So here you go, you guys are breaking news".
Crenshaw served five deployments overseas - while on his third combat tour, he was hit by an IED blast during a mission in Afghanistan that destroyed his right eye and badly injured his left eye.
The group responded to a tweet by Ocasio-Cortez, in which the legislator questioned her safety following the inflammatory rhetoric.
"For our colleagues to be silent is to be complicit in the outright, unsafe targeting of a member of Congress".
"We know what happened", said Rendell to FOX Business' Maria Bartiromo on Friday.
An email sent by the Ohio College Republican Federation yesterday called a Democratic congresswoman a "domestic terrorist", a label often used to describe mass shooters and perpetrators of other violent acts.
She's known by her initials AOC and is one of the rising stars of the Democratic Party in the United States.
- Georgetown Students Must Pay $27/Semester in Reparations for Slave Descendants
- Maple Leafs snag home-ice advantage after taking Game 1 in Boston
- Respawn co-founder Jason West is the next Epic exclusive
- Trump’s sanctuary city idea could help migrants stay in the US
- Shots Fired After Ukrainian Ambassador's Car Rammed in Lawless London
- Democrats step up pressure for President Trump’s tax returns
- Man arrested after boy falls from balcony at USA shopping centre
- Unlucky 13th: Johnson accidentally hits ball off tee on practice swing
- Donations pour in for boy thrown from Mall of America balcony
- BTS Boy With Luv: Release Date And Details