In an interview with the Atlantic published on Friday, Trump was apparently quite eager to sing his daughter's praises: the author writes that she requested an interview with Ivanka herself and was turned down, but instead got a call that the president wanted to talk to her.
"I even thought of Ivanka for the World Bank", he added later.
"I've seen her under tremendous stress and pressure", Trump said.
If he did nominate her, Mr Trump said, "they'd say nepotism, when it would've had nothing to do with nepotism".
In the lengthy feature piece, Plott reports Ivanka Trump as acutely aware of her persona, and her "brand", which Trump has cultivated for the past several decades, and which the President's eldest daughter says has taken a hit since being part of the White House.
Officials wrapped up the spring meetings of the 189-nation International Monetary Fund and the World Bank on Saturday, expressing hope the slowdown that began last year will be followed by stronger growth in the second half of this year and into 2020.
The U.S. and China have imposed tariffs on $350 billion worth of each other's goods. "I was trying to dig up where the first time was that she might have said she was pro-choice, for example, or that she was a huge activist when it came to climate change".
Trump insisted that "it would've had nothing to do with nepotism" and Ivanka would have been "incredible" in the role.
While Trump claimed to the magazine that Ivanka was responsible for "creating millions of jobs", her actual, concrete achievements have been harder to pin down.
Despite Maples being the reason her mother and father divorced, Ivanka Trump appears to have a close and supportive relationship to Maples's daughter Tiffany Trump-at least that's what the president's two daughters project on their Instagram accounts, where the two Trump women have posted photos with each other with loving captions.
- Facebook down for some users
- Google's Official Website Just Verified The Pixel 3a
- Arsenal investigate alleged racist abuse of Koulibaly
- 'Multiple people' shot, 2 critically, outside Melbourne nightclub
- Facebook could bring Messenger back to its main app
- Skype is giving users ability to share phone screen on video calls
- Luke Walton agreeing to part ways as head coach
- Ozzie Albies explains why he chose to sign contract extension
- US forces: 3 Marines killed, Afghan contractor wounded
- Facebook's chat feature could be returning to the mobile app