In Portland, rookie Anfernee Simons scored a career-high 37 points in his first start of the season and the hosts secured the No. 3 seed in the Western Conference using just six players in a win over Sacramento. But the primary focus for both is finding a way to clinch a playoff berth first and foremost. If the Pistons lose and the Hornets pick up a W, no one, and I mean no one, in the city of Detroit will be entertained.
The Pistons will face the Bucks in the first round.
In Charlotte, Kemba Walker scored 43 points in what may be his final game with the Hornets, a loss to Orlando that eliminated the hosts from playoff contention. "We knew that [the Knicks] were coming in to try to ruin our season that we worked so hard for".
Regular season series: Celtics won 3-1.
- Individual-game play off tickets are on sale to the public, according to the Detroit Pistons.
The former George Washington University player averaged 2.6 points, 2.1 rebounds and 0.5 assists for the Grizzlies.
Charlotte coach James Borrego summed up the season succinctly.
Detroit jumped out to an early lead and topped the Knicks easily, 115-89, in the must-win game.
Borrego indicated he wanted Walker back. I do think the Pistons get the win here, but I don't think they get the cover as the pesky Knicks hang around till the end in their last game of the season.
National Basketball Association awards ballot: Winners, runners-up and tight races: ESPN's Zach Lowe revealed his awards ballot Wednesday morning by giving plenty of reasoning and data regarding picks for Most Valuable Player, Defensive Player of the Year, Coach of the Year and much more.
- Dustin Johnson ready to rely on improved putting at Augusta
- Xbox Game Pass April additions include two huge names
- Bottas denies Hamilton pole in Shanghai
- Fawad Chaudhry demands British empire apologise for Jallianwala massacre, Bengal starvation
- Muscat one of five European leaders against long Brexit extension - Le Monde
- Wells Fargo 1Q profit rises 14 percent, tops estimates
- Suspected LA Church Arsonist Thought To Be Motivated By 'Black Metal Music'
- 'Multiple people' shot, 2 critically, outside Melbourne nightclub
- Incredible Lomachenko stops courageous Crolla in 4th round
- Manchester United's Solskjaer to make 'ruthless' decisions in transfer market