Cal survived Order 66, which saw the Emperor demand the Jedi Order be hunted down and killed, and is now evading Empire forces while working on the planet Braka as a salvager. Ozzie has become a big fan of platformers, puzzle games, shooters, and RPGs, just to name a few genres, but he's also a huge sucker for anything with a good, compelling narrative behind it. He works "as part of the scrapper guild", and he bears a close resemblance to Rey in terms of what he does - and his powers.
Gotham and Shameless star Cameron Monaghan was also introduced at the Fallen Order panel as the voice of Cal. Monaghan also provided the motion capture for Cal, including his lightsaber movements.
The Star Wars Celebration 2019 event continues to delight Star Wars fans with news and announcements about the universe. Monaghan did both motion-capture and voice acting for the character, and Cal is modeled quite strongly on him. Upon being asked for clarification on the lightsaber's growth and evolution, Asmussen responds, "You heard what I said". "One of his functions is a spotlight", but there are more features. Additionally, you can spot a female mentor in the trailer, who is a former Jedi Knight herself.
"But I will say that there's more to the story than you see".
Jedi: Fallen Order follows Cal Kestis, a young Padawan who is on the run from the Empire, specifically an Elite Inquisitor known as the Second Sister.
Asmussen previously created games at Sony Santa Monica and, most notably, directed God of War 3.
Rumors had been circulating about Respawn Entertainment's (Apex Legends, Titanfall) secretive project set within that galaxy far, far away, but hardly any concrete information had been presented to the public until today. At Star Wars Celebration, EA dropped the first trailer for the game. He described the gameplay as "thoughtful combat" and emphasized that it's not a button-masher.
Zampella concluded: "It takes a village to raise a Jedi".
Respawn Entertainment, a studio of Electronic Arts, is collaborating with Lucasfilm on the game, which will be released on November 19 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
- The Masters 2019: Tiger Woods firmly in contention after third-round 67
- World's biggest plane flies for the first time
- Tsunami warning in Indonesia!
- House Democrats set hard deadline for Trump to cough up tax returns
- Incredible Lomachenko stops courageous Crolla in 4th round
- Barcelona rest Messi ahead of Manchester United rematch
- South Sudan frets over whether Sudan coup will derail fragile peace
- Facebook could bring Messenger back to its main app
- Suspected LA Church Arsonist Thought To Be Motivated By 'Black Metal Music'
- Jallianwala Bagh massacre centenary: PM Modi pays tributes