The news was shared by games industry veteran Geoff Keighley on Twitter, who claims Epic hired West quietly to aid their game development efforts. According to a recent Tweet from Geoff Keighley, Jason West (co-founder of both Infinity Ward and Respawn Entertainment) has been working for Epic for roughly a month now. West previously served as CTO of Infinity Ward before later founding Respawn with Vince Zampella after Activision fired the two.
Epic Games may have something in development.
Jason West has provided a sizeable contribution to the first-person shooter genre.
It's not clear if Jason West is working directly on Fortnite at Epic Games as of now.
West reportedly hasn't worked in the gaming industry since roughly 2013 when he left Respawn to focus on his family. The series introduced a unique mechanic where players could summon giant mechs, while at the same time improving on the traversal mechanics they first developed in the more modern Call of Duty games.
At current Epic Games have offered no announcement regarding hiring West.
Respawn's latest project in the in the Titanfall franchise is the hit battle royale game Apex Legends. However, West also has experience in making massively popular games and that could give Epic Games an advantage.
- Maple Leafs snag home-ice advantage after taking Game 1 in Boston
- Mum on Senate support for Herman Cain for Fed
- Lego breaks record with image made up of Star Wars figurines
- Severe weather possible late tonight & Sunday
- Walmart Responds to Bezos with Tweet Asking Amazon to Pay Taxes
- Google and Huawei settle over to pay for Nexus
- SpaceX's most powerful rocket takes off for first commercial flight
- Pep Guardiola defends Manchester City tactics in Tottenham defeat
- Georgetown Students Must Pay $27/Semester in Reparations for Slave Descendants
- Facebook accidentally included secret messages inside its Oculus Touch controllers