Crolla looked like a deer in the headlights with no answer to Lomachenko's vastly superior skills and speed.
Crolla's challenge for the WBA and WBO lightweight titles held by Lomachenko ended in brutally one-sided fashion in the early hours of Saturday morning at Los Angeles' Staples Center. Commey's injured hand forced Lomachenko's promoters to make this fight with Crolla, rather than surrender his WBA belt.
It was thunderous strike to the Manchester fighter's temple, immediately sending him slumping face first to the canvas as the referee waved off the bout inside the Staples Center.
Crolla for his part, could wind up a return champion if he sticks around long enough to watch the lightweight division thin out - but not until Vasyl, Gervonta Davis, and Mikey flee the scene after running out of "big money" propositions. I want to unify titles.
"I want to fight with Mikey Garcia, but we'll see". Instead, he dismantled Crolla (34-7-3, 13 KOs), the 32-year-old former champion from Great Britain, with a brilliant display of clean and creative punches from awkward angles.
CBS Sports was with you for every punch from the bout in Los Angeles with our updating scorecard and live updates below.
As the fight continued, Lomachenko was relentless with his attack and opening up with his offense while Crolla simply shelled up and was attempting to survive the onslaught. "I don't know", Lomachenko said. "I feel like I'm in Ukraine here". "I want to thank all the fans who came to support me".
In the co-main event, longtime super middleweight champion Gilberto "Zurdo" Ramírez remained unbeaten when his light heavyweight debut against Tommy Karpency was stopped by Karpency's corner before the fifth round.
- Tottenham's Kane has 'significant' ankle injury; Alli fractures hand
- Australian PM announces date for general elections
- India’s Giant Election Gets Underway With Voting in First of 7 Phases
- Macron opposes European Union trade talks with USA as Trump's tariff crusade escalates
- House Democrats set hard deadline for Trump to cough up tax returns
- US forces: 3 Marines killed, Afghan contractor wounded
- Prince Harry, Meghan want baby's birth kept 'private'
- Tesla, Panasonic to seek productivity gains before new battery investments
- How Israel’s Netanyahu Uses Fear and Loathing to Win Elections
- Manchester United's Solskjaer to make 'ruthless' decisions in transfer market