The next-generation C8 Corvette has finally been confirmed by Chevrolet to be mid-engined, ending a 65-year tradition of the front-engined sports vehicle. Assuming Chevrolet isn't auctioning some future build, the Northeast sale is three weeks before the reveal date for the C8 Corvette. According to vehicle and Driver, the first Corvette model to debut will be the "base" C8 Stingray, powered by a revised version of the current model's 6.2-litre V8.
You can check out Chevrolet.com for the latest official information. Also, GM chairperson and CEO Mary Barra along with Tadge Juechter took a prototype to a charity event in NY after the announcement with the auto heavily camouflaged, but giving a glimpse into what's in store.
This first Corvette C8 model we will see in July is the base Corvette Stingray, which will kick off the lineup.
We believe the upcoming high-performance versions will use an all-new engine.
We've known for some time now, that the C8 Corvette will break tradition and go for a dual-clutch transmission instead of a manual or an automatic.
Following the initial launch, Chevrolet is expected to bring out a range of hardcore versions over the coming years, including a Z06 and ZR1, along with a flagship "Zora" that will debut hybrid technology for the nameplate.
We hear Chevrolet will hold the line on pricing for the 2020 Corvette, despite its monumental philosophical shift and abundance of new technology.
- BTS Boy With Luv: Release Date And Details
- Maple Leafs snag home-ice advantage after taking Game 1 in Boston
- Lego breaks record with image made up of Star Wars figurines
- FCC announces $20 billion for rural broadband providers, schedules third 5G auction
- Perez heads Newcastle closer to Premier League safety
- Mum on Senate support for Herman Cain for Fed
- ‘Fishy’ charges facing ex-Obama counsel may be ‘political’: Ex-DOJ official
- Three killed in aircraft runway accident near Everest
- Tsunami warning in Indonesia!
- The Premier League trophy is at Anfield for Liverpool's game against Chelsea