The children were pronounced dead at the scene. John Moore, a forecaster with the National Weather Service in Jackson, says a twister was reported Saturday in the Vicksburg area of MS and was indicated on radar. A mobile home community was damaged, but no injuries are being reported.
To the north, dime-sized hail pounded the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
"I think it's going to be round after round of storms", he said. The weather service office in Birmingham advised pastors to figure out the safest location for their congregations in case of severe weather.
The clouds will give way to sun by early afternoon treating central Pennsylvania to comfortably warm Saturday.
There is a "MARGINAL RISK" of severe storms for the remainder of the area and the remainder of IL.
"The storm is so vigorous that tornadoes are still possible after dark", Myers said.
The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency warned of a confirmed tornado around Saturday night. Models are hinting at a moderate to even high power outage index for Sunday night and into Monday morning. Trees were down throughout the hilly city on a bluff overlooking the Mississippi.
Don't let the weather outside your window fool you.
Some areas of New Jersey could get as much as 1.5 to 1.75 inches of rain by the time it ends Saturday morning.
Georgia's Augusta National Golf Club is included in the slight risk area Sunday as the Masters concludes. This means there is a threat for some storms to contain gusty winds and hail.
Around 10:05 p.m., storms were about seven miles southeast of Luling and traveling east at around 25 mph.
- World's biggest plane flies for the first time
- Facebook could bring Messenger back to its main app
- Kucherov suspended 1 game for boarding
- Skype is giving users ability to share phone screen on video calls
- Jallianwala Bagh massacre centenary: PM Modi pays tributes
- SpaceX's most powerful rocket takes off for first commercial flight
- Google's Official Website Just Verified The Pixel 3a
- Three killed in aircraft runway accident near Everest
- South Sudan frets over whether Sudan coup will derail fragile peace
- Trump considered daughter Ivanka for head of World Bank