Passengers on the bus were said to have earlier asked the driver to park and take a nap, but he rejected the idea insisting he could continue the journey without taking a rest.
Survivors have been rescued from the accident scene to various hospitals within the Techiman and Kintampo enclave for emergency medical attention, witnesses told our correspondent Larry Paa Kwesi Moses. "Seven were in critical conditions and four have been referred", Arhin saidn.
According to the eyewitness, some of the perished were trapped in one of the bus. The road was strewn with debris over several hundred yards.
The side of the vehicle, which was at an angle into the embankment, appeared ripped off.
Road accidents are common in Ghana.
"The buses went up in flames when they collided", Eklu said. Rumble strips are positioned at the edges of roads and make noise when cars pass over them to alert drivers. "For how long are we going to look on for people to keep dying?"
Police officials say at least 60 people have died in the bus collision.
The other bus, branded VVIP and painted red, veered into a ditch after the collision, killing dozens on board.
In July 2017, players from one of Ghana's leading football clubs, Asante Kotoko, were victims of a crash in which their team bus rammed into the back of a stationary truck.
- New Zealand mourns Christchurch attack victims
- The Nokia 7 Plus was accidentally sending user data to Chinese servers
- High-Potency Marijuana Use Linked with Psychosis Risk
- House Democrats pressure White House on Kushner's use of WhatsApp
- Drinking Sugary Beverages Linked with Early Death
- Cops reportedly shot teachers with pellet guns 'execution style' during drill
- Nirav Modi held in United Kingdom , to be jailed till March 29
- Epic Games Store To Undergo Redesign; More Features To Be Added Soon
- Russia, Iran and Syria slam Trump's Golan Heights comments
- Texas man tests Petco’s ‘All leashed animals welcome’ policy with giant steer