"New T-Mobile's business plan is to have 9.5 million customers for our in-home broadband service by 2024, ' Legere said". T-Mo is sending invitations to a "limited group" of customers that it says are in "rural and underserved markets". "Thanks to lower prices and more competition, one economist estimates that the New T-Mobile will save customers up to $13.65 billion a year on home broadband by 2024".
T-Mobile is doing everything in its power to ensure that its merger with Sprint passes muster with the US government.
According to a release, 50,000 homes will be connected this year.
The company said it will offer speeds of around 50 Mbps by fixed unlimited wireless service over LTE with no data caps for $50 per month. To set it up, T-Mobile says that setup is simple and should require you, an app, and a few minutes of your time. If you're selected, T-Mobile will reach out via email or snail mail.
Earlier this month, Legere announced in a blog post that T-Mobile would be entering the home broadband market with 5G fixed wireless to deliver competitive service to rural and underserved markets in the U.S. He said that 28.9% of U.S. households and 61.1% of rural households have either no in-home broadband service or only have the option of one provider for in-home broadband service, citing FCC data.
The home service will cost $50 per month with AutoPay or $55 without.
According to John Legere - T-Mobile's exuberant and often hyperbolic CEO, who made the announcement earlier today - 28.9% of USA households and 61.1% of "rural" households have access to one or fewer broadband providers. As the company announced on its official website, it will soon begin laying a foundation for "home broadband" ahead of its merger with Sprint. T-Mobile said there will be "no annual service contracts, no hidden fees and no equipment costs;" sales tax and regulatory fees are "included in [the] monthly service price for qualifying accounts".
The merger will reduce customer choice in mobile broadband by lowering the number of nationwide wireless carriers from four to three.
- Epic Games will give away free cross-platform Fortnite tools to developers
- Mortal Kombat 11: How To Get Beta Access?
- Drinking Hot Tea Nearly Doubles Risk of Cancer
- VOTE Where will Antoine Griezmann go Man United Barcelona Bayern
- Dead whale in Philippines had 40 kg of plastic in stomach
- New Zealand PM says 'gun laws will change' after mosque shooting
- Man hijacks bus carrying pupils, sets it alight - English
- How The Crypt Of The NecroDancer Developer Got To Work With Zelda
- College men's basketball: Badgers draw OR in NCAAs
- The Premier League might just have handed the title to Liverpool