Moments after rattling the bar with a Paolo Di Canio-style scissor kick in the first half, Bale was back at the other end making a sliding tackle and winning a goal kick in the process.
The Frenchman led Madrid to three consecutive Champions League titles before surprising the football world by handing in his resignation.
Madrid lie 12 points adrift of leaders Barcelona, who play away at Real Betis on Sunday.
Marcelo comes in ahead of Sergio Reguilon, who did well under Solari.
Even Navas enjoyed a standout moment in goal for Real, with Courtois watching on as his goalkeeping rival produced a stunning save from point-blank range to tip over Maxi Gomez's header, in what was Celta's only effort on target.
An atmosphere of positive encouragement to welcome their returning hero marked a welcome change at the Santiago Bernabeu to recent games and Zidane felt his team grew into the contest against their relegation-threatened visitors. But with just 11 matches left to play this season, and no trophies to win, Zidane has opted to use the players he knows well from his previous spell. I must count on these players, as they are good players, but I will count on them all.
"There's so many factors you need to think about when you sign players".
- New Zealand PM Vows to Change Gun Legislation After Christchurch Mosque Massacre
- No Man's Sky 'Beyond' update announced
- Respawn Warns Apex Legends Datamines not "Source of Truth"
- Six Nations: England earn draw after sensational Scotland comeback
- 'Apprentice' contestant's Trump defamation suit can proceed
- Paris Jackson is 'Doing Fine' After Recent Hospitalization
- New Zealand terror attack
- Christchurch mosque attacks: Bangladesh Test cricket team escape mass shooting
- The Irish prime minister brought his boyfriend to meet Vice President Pence
- ATP Indian Wells - Saturday Schedule: Thiem or Raonic to face Federer