"I think that John Cornyn is happy no one of Beto's status is going to run against him".
The former Texas congressman began his campaign by taking his first ever trip to Iowa, the state that kicks off the presidential primary voting.
O'Rourke, the former Texas congressman who excited progressives with his close Senate loss to Republican Ted Cruz a year ago, became the latest entrant in the expanding 2020 group of Democratic primary candidates.
"Well, I think he's got a lot of hand movement", Trump told reporters in the Oval Office.
O'Rourke constantly avoided answering how he would handle migrant caravans that was heading toward the U.S. -Mexico border, despite immigration and border security overwhelmingly being the top issues for voters in Texas. "He could be a good candidate for Kamala Harris to add to the ticket", Branham said. "This will help John Cornyn and help the Republicans", Branham said.
In his interview with Vanity Fair, Beto O'Rourke also said that he was "born to do this", referring to his bid to be elected as the 46 president of the United State.
O'Rourke's announcement comes after a months-long soul-searching mission, during which the three-term Congressmanwantonly bloggedandlivestreamed a dentist appointment.
The former Texas congressman said at a campaign event in Iowa Thursday that as marijuana use has increased, tobacco use has "plummeted" in the last 40 years as it has been treated as a public health issue and marketed as "not cool".
According to the US-based media reports, O'Rourke's latest US Senate bid triggered a torrent of media attention and excited US voters in a Democratic party that reportedly desperate for fresh political faces.
At a house party in Muscatine on Thursday night, O'Rourke spoke about institutionalized racism, the harm done to African-Americans after emancipation and the failures of the Civil Rights movement but did not come down on either side of the reparations debate.
- Android Adware In Google's Front Yard: 100M+ Users Possibly Impacted
- How to listen to Apple Music on Amazon Fire TV
- Former Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel signs player agreement with AAF
- World leaders condemn New Zealand terrorist attack
- Study rekindles debate on eggs-heart health link
- Union County residents along Missouri River asked to prepare for flooding
- New Zealanders reach out to Muslims in wake of mass shooting
- Manchester City success judged on winning Champions League - Guardiola
- No excuse, no panic - Kohli sees big picture in Australia loss
- 'Apprentice' contestant's Trump defamation suit can proceed