You can access it on the Mac, Apple Watch, Apple TV, Apple CarPlay, Apple HomePod, as well as Android devices, Amazon Echo devices, Sonos speakers, and now, Amazon Fire TV devices. The US retailer has just announced that starting this week, Amazon Fire TV users will be able to access Apple Music from their devices. You can then give commands like, "Alexa, play R&B on Apple Music" or "Alexa, play music by Ariana Grande on Apple Music".
To set it up, just open your Alexa app and select the Apple Music skill.
"We're thrilled to bring Apple Music - one of the most popular music services in the United States - to Echo customers this holiday". You'll need to have your Apple ID login credentials handy. Google Home devices is a potential, as we saw a few weeks ago. This became more prominent when it was announced at CES 2019 that Samsung smart TVs will make their platform available for iTunes.
Aside from the recent addition of Apple Music, the Fire TV already offers a variety of music streaming services such as Spotify, Amazon Music, and iHeart Radio. You'll also be able to get your hands on the device the next day, with Amazon Prime one-day delivery.
Meanwhile the video streaming industry is bracing itself for Apple's new video service, which is expected to be revealed at an event later this month.
Good news for Apple Music subscribers with an Amazon Fire TV: the music streaming service and media streaming devices now play nice together.
- Christchurch mosque attacks: Bangladesh Test cricket team escape mass shooting
- Love Island star Michael Thalassitis found in woods dead aged 26
- The Irish prime minister brought his boyfriend to meet Vice President Pence
- Rockets surging as scuffling Warriors come to town
- 'BOMB CYCLONE': Late-winter storm hits U.S. Midwest after paralyzing Colorado
- No excuse, no panic - Kohli sees big picture in Australia loss
- Australian PM slams disgusting remarks by Senator
- United States bars entry to ICC members probing 'war crimes' in Afghanistan
- Six Nations: England earn draw after sensational Scotland comeback
- ATP Indian Wells - Saturday Schedule: Thiem or Raonic to face Federer