The company will also lift the covers off of its highly-anticipated streaming video service, which, like Apple News, is also set to come with a monthly subscription model and will likely immediately go head-to-head with established streaming services, such as Netflix. That said, a big press event would give Apple the platform to tout its iPads as great devices to enjoy all that new content on.
Dissecting the tweet, which delivered the news, it's clear that Apple will replace the current 9.7-inch entry-level iPad with a 10.2-inch one, which is great - especially if Apple keeps the price intact and the larger screen comes at the expense of bezels. We've been hearing about a rumored March 25th event that would bring about at least the video service ahead of any hardware like second-generation AirPods or a new iPad mini. In addition to a video service, there have been rumors that the company will use the event to announce a magazine service that will expand on its existing Apple News product.
The company previously used "It's show time" tag for an event in September 2006 where it introduced movies on iTunes, along with the first iTV revelation (which would be swapped with Apple TV in 2007). Apple's Tim Cook had noted that services will be crucial for the company, as iPhone sales slow and hardware innovation makes the once-annual upgrade less of a draw.
Apple is in talks with HBO, Showtime, and Starz, and all three are expected to join Apple's service eventually.
If anything, we may only see shows that Apple is already producing, like Carpool Karaoke, included at launch. It seems like this will be relaunched as part of the News subscription, similar to how Beats Music was the basis for Apple Music.
- Police in Brick arrest accused killer of reputed mob boss
- Respawn Warns Apex Legends Datamines not "Source of Truth"
- Former Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel signs player agreement with AAF
- New Zealand terror attack
- Mozambique Braces for 'Worst Case Scenario' as Cyclone Idai Makes Landfall
- Thibaut Courtois Dropped By Zinedine Zidane On His Return To Real Madrid
- Sreesanth thanks SC for setting aside BCCI’s life ban
- FSU tops Virginia, moves to ACC hoops final
- Man City hit back to reach FA Cup semis after Swansea scare
- Grounded Boeing jets sit at Melbourne airport