At that time, Sanders said his 2018 re-election campaign to the Senate representing Vermont established "some of the strongest sexual harassment policies in the country", including requiring training for all employees and providing staffers with a way to report harassment to an independent firm.
USA presidential candidate Bernie Sanders cut his head on a shower door Friday and received seven stitches, but he proceeded with his scheduled campaign events, a spokesperson said.
Well, in keeping with left-wing tradition, it seems the Bernie Sanders campaign has made history.
"We can not just support unions with words, we must back it up with actions", he tweeted.
A majority of Sanders' campaign workers signed a union card by Friday, triggering the union's recognition, the union said.
However, his campaign has recently come under scrutiny for alleged instances of sexual harassment by senior staffers during the 2016 campaign.
Mark Federici, president of Local 400, said in a statement he hoped "this breakthrough serves as a model for other presidential campaigns, as well as party committees and candidates for other offices". In February, the politician announced he will again run for president in 2020.
Negotiations on a contract are expected to begin soon, the union said, and the bargaining unit could ultimately reach 1,000 members.
- Search Jobs with Jooble
- Labour leader Corbyn to ask UK PM about progress in Brexit talks
- Indian Wells Open: Federer beats Stan Wawrinka to reach 4th round
- Frank Cali Murder Sparks Speculations Of Gotti Connection
- New Zealanders reach out to Muslims in wake of mass shooting
- Thomas Cook Staff Threaten To Remove Woman From Flight Over Outfit
- No Man's Sky 'Beyond' update announced
- Study rekindles debate on eggs-heart health link
- 'Apprentice' contestant's Trump defamation suit can proceed
- United States bars entry to ICC members probing 'war crimes' in Afghanistan