"Giroud with his experience, he needs to set the barrier very, very high which he's done", Walker told Ian Stone's Comedy Breakfast (weekdays 6.30am-10.30am).
Chelsea FC are in sixth place in the English top-flight table and three points behind fourth-placed Arsenal with eight games to play. "So, for me, it will be very hard to play against them in Naples".
Should Chelsea win the Europa League, as they did in 2013, it would offer them an alternative route to next season's Champions League. "I'm really very happy for him".
"I thought he was terrific", Walker said.
"We must aim to qualify through the Premier League".
Chelsea Confirmed lineup vs Dynamo Kyiv: Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek...
When, moments later, the word "Arsenal" was slowly revealed on the little white slip designating Napoli's quarter-final opponents, the most common reactions would have been low groans, facepalms and that sort of slow, inwards folding motion that people make when they receive bad news.
"If you give someone like Giroud space in the six-yard box that's how good he can be".
Giroud's triple took him top of the overall goalscoring charts for this year's competition, as Chelsea raced into the quarter-finals with a 5-0 win in Ukraine and an 8-0 aggregate scoreline. The Poland worldwide has netted 17 times in all competitions this term - leading the club goalscoring charts - and has been a constant danger on the left of a front two with Dries Mertens on the other side.
An all-Spanish affair for the second quarter-final.
"But I think it's about seeing each one as it comes and going through each round".
- FBI debated in 2016 how aggressively to probe Trump campaign
- Chiefs’ Tyreek Hill Under Investigation For Alleged Battery On Child
- PM statement on the New Zealand attack: 15 March 2019
- Pizza Pizza Offering Super Cheap Deals At Restaurants Across Canada Tomorrow
- Google’s foldable patent hints at a compact clamshell phone
- Trump Vetoes Congressional Effort To Limit Border Wall Funding
- Solskjaer refuses to be drawn on Man United move for Gareth Bale
- Labour leader Corbyn to ask UK PM about progress in Brexit talks
- Belinda Bencic claims another shock win in Indian Wells
- Pompeo presses Kim Jong-un to keep his word on nuclear tests