There was no reference to an injury for Cokanasiga but Jones will explain his decision in a news conference later on Thursday.
Ben Moon starts at prop in place of Ellis Genge, who also drops to the bench, in four changes in total to the starting XV.
"Joe's a good, young player and we're looking after him". "We don't need to rush him, we'll bring him through carefully and he's got a long career ahead of him".
Cokanasiga's destination is the World Cup in Japan this autumn and Jones's explanation, which he expects the 18-stone Bath wing will come to appreciate over the next six months, was that there is a masterplan...
"If we impose our game on Scotland it'll be pretty tough for them", said Jones, whose team finished fifth last season after losing their last three games and then lost two in a row against South Africa.
"Scotland are a hard side - they are always at you, they play with a lot of enthusiasm and effort and have got a lot of attacking strings to their bow", he added.
Starting number nine Ben Youngs will become England's most capped scrum-half on Saturday, overtaking Danny Care with his 85th outing.
"I've had reasonable experience in doing this and sometimes you let them go, and sometimes you've got pull them back a bit".
"The thing I enjoy most about playing with him is how much he loves it, how much he loves being around this place and being out there on the field", added Farrell.
'We've got a good plan in place for him [Cokanasiga].
As a result, Cokanasiga has won the fan vote for the Player of the Round, being selected ahead of England teammate Manu Tuilagi, Welsh duo Hadleigh Parkes and Alun Wyn Jones and Ireland pair James Ryan and Garry Ringrose. "I don't know", Jones said.
"He's a very good kid, but anyone's head can be turned".
Gregor Townsend's team were on the brink of an improbable victory - and their first win at Twickenham for 36 years - until England snatched an equaliser to substitute George Ford on the final game of the play.
- What can Arsenal expect from Napoli in the Europa League quarter-finals?
- Indian Wells Open: Federer beats Stan Wawrinka to reach 4th round
- United States bars entry to ICC members probing 'war crimes' in Afghanistan
- New York Giants ink veteran wide receiver Golden Tate
- 'Apprentice' contestant's Trump defamation suit can proceed
- Merkel ally floats idea of broader talks with United Kingdom if Brexit delayed
- Christchurch mosque attacks: Bangladesh Test cricket team escape mass shooting
- Frank Cali Murder Sparks Speculations Of Gotti Connection
- Aberdeen man living in New Zealand describes ‘horrific’ aftermath of Christchurch attack
- Belinda Bencic claims another shock win in Indian Wells