His most expensive bowling figures also came against Australia, in 2017 at Indore, when he conceded 75 runs and took two wickets. Australia won just two ODI matches previous year, the fewest ODI victories since 1978 when it played only two one-day internationals.
"We used that as a bit of motivation", Langer said.
"To end a really, really, really tough summer against a very good Indian side and have won eight games, drawn one and one no result - it's a pretty good achievement".
After the conclusion of the Australia ODI series, which Indian team lost 2-3, the team members are looking forward to participating in the Indian Premier League from March 23.
"Australia have not been playing great ODI cricket for the past 12 months, so I think what they showed here in India is a lot of spirit and determination", he added. "Even more so to get that series win, it's not easy out here".
"Because we know the things that we were wanting to do in these last three games, purely because now it's only the World Cup after this".
Usman Khawaja's rich vein of form continued with his second ODI century as Australia amassed 272-9 from their 50 overs, the opener's 106-ball 100 key for the tourists as only Peter Handscomb (52) joined him in passing 30.
India surrendered a 2-0 lead in the recently concluded 5-match series as the Australians made a superb recovery by winning three consecutive matches to claim the series. India thus stood defeated on home soil - their first since 2015; and Virat Kohli's first since he took over the reins from MS Dhoni.
Shankar shone with both bat and ball in the second ODI where his final over proved decisive and showed a glimpse of his potential in the other matches.
"Incredibly proud of the boys.it's been an incredible arm-wrestle from the moment India arrived in Australia".
- Pat Cummins took 14 wickets in the series which is the joint-third most for a bowler in a bilateral ODI series against India in India.
Justin Langer remembers the moment Usman Khawaja outlined his desperation to play one-day cricket for Australia again. Khawaja was also the highest run scorer in the series and have put the Australian selectors in dilemma for the World Cup squad.
We always knew that the plans and the style that we wanted to play are all there, can win us the World Cup, win us big series against great teams and India are definitely a great team.
A clearer picture will emerge after the ODI series against Pakistan in United Arab Emirates later this month, but the manner of their victory against India makes Finch confident of their title defence at the World Cup.
- Merkel ally floats idea of broader talks with United Kingdom if Brexit delayed
- Australian PM slams disgusting remarks by Senator
- Kylian Mbappe or Neymar? Florentino Perez＇s response
- What can Arsenal expect from Napoli in the Europa League quarter-finals?
- Last remaining US diplomats leave Venezuela
- Study rekindles debate on eggs-heart health link
- Huawei's camera-centric P30 Pro appears on Geekbench, key specs revealed
- Frank Cali Murder Sparks Speculations Of Gotti Connection
- Thomas Cook Staff Threaten To Remove Woman From Flight Over Outfit
- Google’s foldable patent hints at a compact clamshell phone