The 26-year-old former footballer and reality television star was reportedly found dead on Friday.
Michael Thalassitis, an English soccer player who also starred in the British reality TV show "Love Island", has died.
Meanwhile, Sam, who struck up a friendship with Mike after they were dumped from the villa and then brought back later on in the series, shared a heartbreaking throwback picture of the two of them.
Mike quickly garnered the nickname "Muggy Mike" following an altercation with Chris Hughes over Olivia.
Love Island star Mike Thalassitis during his time at Margate FC
He wrote on Twitter: "His name wasn't Muggy Mike". Please stop brandishing that.
He last played football professionally in 2017 for the same team before going on to appear in Celebs Go Dating. All my love goes out to your friends and family.
Mike first rose to fame as a contestant on Love Island. Our thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends at this time.
Mike, who was just 26, appeared on the 2017 version of the ITV2 dating show. "You'll be missed so much you have no idea".
- Frank Cali Murder Sparks Speculations Of Gotti Connection
- What can Arsenal expect from Napoli in the Europa League quarter-finals?
- 'Apprentice' contestant's Trump defamation suit can proceed
- Australian PM slams disgusting remarks by Senator
- No excuse, no panic - Kohli sees big picture in Australia loss
- Six Nations: England earn draw after sensational Scotland comeback
- Belinda Bencic claims another shock win in Indian Wells
- Rockets surging as scuffling Warriors come to town
- ATP Indian Wells - Saturday Schedule: Thiem or Raonic to face Federer
- Tadhg Beirne set for his first Six Nations start against Wales