Moderate Minnesota Democrats are already looking for ways to primary Rep.
Democrats in Congress appeared to draft a resolution meant to abjure the kind of anti-Semitic rhetoric that Omar had indulged in, but by the time they voted on it, it had morphed into a very generalized resolution against all hate, including islamophobia.
The spokeswoman for Democratic presidential candidate Sen. "They're more than willing to pose with Omar on magazine covers, but when she tried to talk about a truly hard topic, which is her job as an elected official, and her life was in danger, they kind of threw her under the bus". Bobby Joe Champion and Minneapolis City Councilwoman Andrea Jankins.
In a Facebook post discussing Sanders' support for Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN), who has been criticized by Democrats and Republicans alike in recent weeks over similar remarks interpreted as anti-Semitic, Sisa questioned whether the USA government and American Jews have "a dual allegiance to the state of Israel?"
"I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is OK for people to push for allegiance to a foreign country", she said.
However, Democrats decided not to name Omar personally in the language of the resolution, which several Republicans opposed as a "watered-down, half-hearted effort", Fox News reports. Ron Latz, whose district overlaps Omar's federal constituency, told The Hill.
"Our community is exasperated by Rep. Omar's unfulfilled promises to listen and learn from Jewish constituents while seemingly simultaneously finding another opportunity to make an anti-Semitic remark and insult our community", added the executive director of the Jewish Community Relations Council of Minnesota.
"I'd be pretty uncomfortable supporting Rep. Omar right now, given what I've learned about her since the election and given her apparent inability to stop insulting Jews", he said.
- Search Jobs with Jooble
- Chicago Bulls: 3 bold predictions vs. LeBron James/LA Lakers
- Novak Djokovic: Philipp Kohlschreiber delivers verdict on STUNNING Indian Wells win
- CT high court: Gunmaker Remington may be sued for Sandy Hook shooting
- YouTube Star Lilly Singh Scores NBC Late-Night Show, Replacing Carson Daly
- Iran Vows ‘Crushing Response’ if Israel Interferes with Oil Smuggling
- Mumbai bridge collapse kills four
- Anthony Joshua to face Deontay Wilder this year? Promoter makes massive statement
- Champions League quarter-final and semi-final draws
- Vienna waltzes to quality of living win for 10th year