The UEFA Champions League 2018/19 is now down to eight teams and the draw to decide the quarter-final fixtures is nearly upon us.
"Let's say if two of our teams made it to the Champions League final, then we wouldn't see them, at best, until the Monday before we play on the Thursday".
Liverpool FC will return to Premier League action on Sunday afternoon when they travel to Fulham.
Tottenham were the first of the English teams to book their spot in the last-8 this season after they brushed aside a muted Borussia Dortmund.
Well, not quite, but one of these eight will be - and this year we are partying like the late-2000s, a period not particularly known for its cultural idiosyncrasies, because it's Premier League vs The Rest!
The biggest result was Ajax seeing off defending champions Real Madrid in incredible fashion at the Santiago Bernabeu.
"They are playing brilliantly and the results have been awesome".
"So when they don't fire, it really affects the team". He helped Real win four of the past five Champions Leagues and it is hard to imagine the Spanish giants winning any of them without the Portuguese star's contribution.
Who do you think will win the UCL this season?
Everything inevitably comes to an end at some point but if an English team is to win the Champions League this season, they are likely to have to beat a team containing Messi or Ronaldo, or defeat both, in order to claim the trophy.
Pep Guardiola, the only coach left in the competition to have previously won the Champions League, was quick to point out after Man City's win against Schalke this week that Ronaldo, in particular, is a major threat to his team's ambitions.
"So when they score goals, a lot of it is between themselves".
"To have four teams in the last eight is great for England", Liverpool midfielder Milner said.
- Teddy Bridgewater meeting with Dolphins, report says
- Android Q beta is now available for developers and fearless Pixel users
- Multiple deaths at mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand amid active shooter situation
- Facebook's chief product officer and head of Whatsapp are leaving
- Anthony Joshua to face Deontay Wilder this year? Promoter makes massive statement
- Korean police questioning 2 K-pop stars in sex scandals
- International Business: Opec cuts forecast of global oil demand
- Samsung keeps the dream of the under-screen camera alive
- Many dead in New Zealand mosque shooting
- Novak Djokovic: Philipp Kohlschreiber delivers verdict on STUNNING Indian Wells win