Unai Emery's men will await their quarterfinal opponent pending the Europa League draw, which will be held at UEFA headquarters in Nyon on Friday. "The next match is the most important for us", Emery said.
The Rennes boss Julien Stephan told this correspondent last week after the match at Roazhon Park in deepest Brittany that his team were facing a hard evening at the Emirates in the second leg.
Aubameyang missed two big chances inside a minute to complete his first hat-trick in Arsenal colours, poking wide of the post with just Koubek to beat and then skewing wide of the same post once teed up by Ramsey in front of goal.
"I said to the players today, I'm excited (about) this competition, but it's exciting not only for the possibility to go to the Champions League, but also because it's one title", he said.
Gabon worldwide Aubameyang is more used to featuring in the Champions League than Europe's second-tier competition, but his early impact with a goal and an assist was decisive for the Gunners.
"It's also because it's one title and I think we can feel the possibility to win one title, doing this way with a hard moment like today and playing also against big teams".
"We are going to think the same before every match".
In the past the striker has worn Batman and Spiderman masks to toast goals - but he explained why this time was a special moment.
After witnessing the 3-0 win against their Ligue 1 opposition, former Gunners striker Hartson told BT Sport: "Well they're in the quarter-final of the Europa League, where they've got an opportunity, if they do win it, of getting in the Champions League".
"Black Panther.in Africa and Gabon we are called the Black Panthers so it represents me - that's it".
- Toyota bringing 450 new jobs to Huntsville engine manufacturing plant
- Facebook's chief product officer and head of Whatsapp are leaving
- Slack Dark Mode Update Arrives For iOS And Android Users
- Many dead in New Zealand mosque shooting
- Golden Tate Reportedly Down to Patriots and Steelers in Free Agency
- Korean police questioning 2 K-pop stars in sex scandals
- Greta Thunberg: Swedish climate campaigner nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Xbox Live is coming to iOS and Android games
- Radioactive particles from huge solar storm found in Greenland
- Teddy Bridgewater meeting with Dolphins, report says