The fight to finally decide the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world appears to have moved a step closer after promoter Eddie Hearn revealed he's had some very promising news on developments concerning a fight between Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder.
He is also likely to approve a DAZN deal worth $80million for two fights but rising to $100m if that includes the unification match with Joshua.
Hearn added: "It's not just about doing a deal with Wilder, it's about doing a deal with Joshua, for the fight".
Wilder now holds the heavyweight WBC title and is looking for an opponent after Tyson Fury turned down the opportunity of having a rematch with the American.
Joshua (22-0, 21 KOs), 29, of England, meantime, is set to fight Jarrell "Big Baby" Miller (23-0-1, 20 KOs), 30, of Brooklyn, on June 1 at Madison Square Garden in NY.
"It's fantastic", Hearn said after learning of the news, "I think we've got a brilliant chance of making the Joshua fight".
'Clearly, the relationship between Team Wilder and Team Joshua is not the best. But I think there's an opportunity there for someone to be a mediator to get the fight done. "I'd love to go on Fox and fight Breazeale", Wilder said.
World Boxing News have reported that in effect Wilder will receive $25m for each fight which will then lead to negotiations for an improved contract for two fights with Joshua in 2020.
"They've got their work cut out".
"There's a clear desire from both sides to make the fight".
And with Wilder vs Fury 2 seemingly no longer on the table, Hearn believes we could see "AJ" lock horns with "The Bronze Bomber" by year's end. It will be the first time the 36-year-old has fought since Alvarez inflicted the first loss of his career in September.
"Wilder's going to fight Breazeale, that's his mandatory". Joshua is making his United States debut against Miller because DAZN is paying him tens of millions to leave his comfort zone in the United Kingdom, where he is a major star and his fights regularly sell out stadiums.
- Disney-Fox mega-deal set to close March 20
- Many dead in New Zealand mosque shooting
- Gift of Givers ready to aid Mozambique amid massive cyclone
- "We’re not English. We’re Scouse!" - Liverpool fans respond to owner
- White House threatens veto of Yemen war resolution
- Android Q beta is now available for developers and fearless Pixel users
- Iran Vows ‘Crushing Response’ if Israel Interferes with Oil Smuggling
- Mangled black box recovered from Ethiopian Airlines crash site
- Novak Djokovic: Philipp Kohlschreiber delivers verdict on STUNNING Indian Wells win
- International Business: Opec cuts forecast of global oil demand