Trump's favorite TV program, Fox News' "Fox & Friends", reported on the body double theory Wednesday, following up on a Monday segment that aired on ABC's "The View". "They are only getting more deranged with time!" the president tweeted.
In fact, the 5-foot-11 first lady had ditched her customary stilettos for sneakers to walk around the rough terrain with the 6-foot-3 Trump. One host allowed that the first lady might have been wearing flat shoes.
Bruce agreed, saying the first lady "remains a role model and clearly understands what her husband is trying to do and supports it".
Melania Trump's spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham criticized The View on Monday. "Melania is a very tall, statuesque woman, and the one that we saw - the first one that we showed - she looks kind of short". Hosts of the ABC programme debated whether an impostor had travelled with Trump.
Fake Melania? President Donald Trump responds to Alabama visit conspiracy theory
"When you're in college or high school, there is the pretty girl who is nice, and you go with the marker to mark up her locker and then you gossip about her and you call her names".
"She's attractive and we're doing this in jest", Navarro replied, also pointing out that people had criticized former First Lady Michelle Obama in a similar way.
"Yesterday's show went beyond the petty, mean-girl spirit that we've grown accustomed to", she added. Huntsman asked. When Navarro said she thought it did, Huntsman said "I don't think so".
"But does that make it better?" "I watched the president and first lady hug, listen to and comfort people who had lost everything - and the "ladies" of "The View" instead chose to laugh and joke about a body-double conspiracy".
- Molinari surges to win Arnold Palmer Invitational
- Google Chrome gets two important tweaks for speed and data saving
- 'Is Facebook down?' Facebook users reporting issues
- Verizon's 5G mobile service launches next month in Chicago and Minneapolis
- Book claims Ivanka Trump told Cohn her father wasn't racist following Charlottesville
- Ethiopian Airlines flight carrying 157 people to Nairobi crashes, no survivors
- Gov. Gavin Newsom Suspends Death Penalty In California
- Nancy Pelosi takes Trump impeachment off the table: ‘He ‘isn’t worth it’
- "Stock sells out after son's 'sad doughnut owner" tweet
- Google is reportedly scaling back its laptop and tablet divisions