The kindness that took place on Twitterati, could not go amiss by the official Twitter account too.
It soared to more than 300-thousand retweets and more than 700-thousand likes, prompting many who saw the tweet to want to stop by for a bite.
The family opened the doughnut shop, Billy's Donut, last Thursday, according to one of Billy's reply tweets. The building even had a bright "Grand Opening" sign out front, to let people know they were open for business. The thoughtful tweet by the owner's son, showing his father's disappointment at an empty shop, transformed it into a packed house with lines out the door.
By Sunday afternoon, the shop had "completely sold out of donuts and kolaches", By tweeted, adding: "You are all unbelievable".
On March 11, Billy tweeted a photo of him with his dad, now all smiles. By also included the address of the shop in the message thread.
"Just wanted to update y'all!" The restaurant holds a five-star Yelp rating, with customers praising the donuts, the kolaches, and the warmth of the owners. I can't thank everyone enough for coming out and supporting local businesses.
Twitter users expressed their sympathy for the doughnut shop and for By's father.
Twitter even sent over a team of people from its company to buy out the shop for other customers. "You are all wonderful", By tweeted, along with a photo of his no-longer-sad father.
As of late Sunday, By's initial post had garnered almost 220,000 retweets and almost 470,000 likes.
- Border Policewoman hurt in Jerusalem as tensions flare on Temple Mount
- Nancy Pelosi takes Trump impeachment off the table: ‘He ‘isn’t worth it’
- Highland MP renews calls for a People's Vote on European Union membership
- Lady Gaga Admits She's 'Pregnant' & Fans Are Freaking Out!
- Book claims Ivanka Trump told Cohn her father wasn't racist following Charlottesville
- Ex-Hillary Adviser: Trump Impeachment Might Help Democrats
- Former Texas Congressman Beto O’Rourke Headed to Iowa this Weekend
- Molinari surges to win Arnold Palmer Invitational
- United Nations probing North Korea sanction violations in 20 countries
- Woods says he feels good on arrival at Players Championship